Hacking [Semi-working] NFS2ISO2NFS - convert nfs to iso and back

JaGoTu10

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
betawiki.net
XP
Country
Yeah, from what I've read it makes sense that IOS reloading is blocked. I mean, it's the IOS that deals with emulating the wiimote (and even initializes the gamepad so it doesn't freeze), so reloading to a regular IOS doesn't seem like a clever choice.

The core wiimote emulation is (in HAIOS v 0.9, I believe it came from Xenoblades) on OHCI1:138B3150. It gets the HID payload in r0, cmd in r1 and r2 is true when DRC (gamepad controls) is enabled.

As you can read on http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Wiimote#Data_Reporting, there are several modes you can query the wiimote with. The thing is, HAIOS makes a decision about whether or not to emulate the classic controller based on the data reporting mode. The current mode is stored at LOAD:138BA020. The report format is prepared (and buffer size checked) by OHCI1:138B2F48, the data itself is generated based on it by OHCI1:138B2D90 (CreateDataReport).

Basically what I did last time was to patch it so that the data reporting mode is 0x30 (Core buttons), in which case the HAIOS emulates a wiimote and not a classic controller. Just by modifying the OHCI1:138B2D90 (CreateDataReport), you can basically modify the button mapping to anything you want (even for wiimote held sideways etc.).

Oh, and also, the GamePad data is read by OHCI1:138B298C (readGamePadData). It seems it reads just the buttons. It needs to be modified in order to read the acceleremeter. And god knows if it's in any compatible format.

If there's anybody with knowledge in IOS developement, it might be very helpful to be able to show 8 bytes from LOAD:138BD4F0 on screen all the time (it's the complete state recieved from the GamePad).

Spamming me with questions I already answered won't do you any good, @pedro702.

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
i did i tryed setting them to 1 and 65537 or whatever its on drc use, i know its possible since the he did it check the proof of concept video he has on the OP on the thread link below i pmed him and such to find out how me made to emulate wiimote instead of cc with no luck he never replyed to me or told us how he did it, you can check here

on his thread
http://gbatemp.net/threads/hai-wii-vc-cmpt-hacking-thread.454557/#post-6952720

The problem is that you still need Wiimote pointer in the Wii menu to exit to Wii U menu :P

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Was thinking about injecting gamecube games, and New Play Control games seems like a good candidate to look at, the gamecube iso must be placed somewhere in these games.

If Nintendo didn't rework the whole game that is.

Last edited by cucholix,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Was thinking about injecting gamecube games, and New Play Control games seems like a good candidate to look at, the gamecube iso must be placed somewhere in these games.

If Nintendo didn't rework the whole game that is.
they did, they didnt inject a gc iso lol they reworked the entire game engine to wii syscals you wont find an iso inside of it at all.

same way you didint find any gc or wii isos inside windwaker hd and twilight princess hd, that is not how you port a game lol, they arent emulating them so no isos.

Last edited by pedro702,

SolMeiLei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Any idea as to why I can't convert Metroid Prime Trilogy (US) into .iso?
It always crashes right here, and gives me an incomplete .iso.
Screenshot_1.png

SolMeiLei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Any idea as to why I can't convert Metroid Prime Trilogy (US) into .iso?
It always crashes right here, and gives me an incomplete .iso.
Screenshot_1.png

dudenextdoor

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
hello there.

i tried 3 games, Wii Sports Resort, works fine, but Skylnaders Spyro Adventures and Giants those two also "work" but the moment they are launched the Portal will turn off and give me error to connect the Portal, but soon I leave back to Wii U Menu, the Portal goes back on by itself, If i try using the retail Spyro Adventure Wii CD, the Portal works, so did I done something wrong using your software to convert the ISOs to wii u format somehow disable its USB function so USB deviced dont work, or any other idea ?

thank you,

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi. I am having the same problem with Skylanders. Portal turns off when game is running. Any fixes?
Probably an incompatibility. I think the game is forced to use the virtual console ios but it expects the one included with the game itself or even some other one, so it can't connect to the portal.
The virtual console ios has no reason to have such functionality.

UgaAga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I would like to play MadWorld in 60Hz on my PAL console. It works with the NTSC backup in WiiFlow, but I would like to start it directly from the Wii U menu as a Wii U VC. The compatibility list says that that doesn't work. But is there any workaround?

UgaAga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I was able to run it by brute forcing the video mode to PAL60 interlaced. Little King's Story runs after brute forcing it to PAL60 progressive. But Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 only runs in PAL50 even if I use the NTSC backup. Very strange!

Sonicwatcher6969

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I was able to run it by brute forcing the video mode to PAL60 interlaced. Little King's Story runs after brute forcing it to PAL60 progressive. But Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 only runs in PAL50 even if I use the NTSC backup. Very strange!

You got NTSC Madworld running as an inject on a PAL Wii U?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free