• Thread starter JustTheOtherGuy
  • Start date
  • Views 2,200
  • Replies 19
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JustTheOtherGuy

I just got a Vita 3G as part of a Newegg bundle with my PS4, I want a Vita for remote play, but it's not really a must have product for me. Should I sell the Vita(it's unopened) on eBay or Amazon, then buy a cheap wifi version or just keep it? I really don't care for 3G and want to know if I could make some money back. Advice?

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Considering the dual wireless models (3G/Wifi) have been sold quite frequently for the same price as the wifi only model, you'd definitely be wasting your time selling it. The 3G thing definitely didn't take off like Sony may have expected it to.

Wisenheimer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On Amazon right now, the 3G version of the Vita is actually cheaper than the Wifi version.

It's certainly worth more on the used market, but not on the new market right now. The Vita is available brand new sometimes for as little as $150 and it contains more than that in parts.

The only way you are going to make money is by either finding a sucker or buy selling it and buying a used or refurbished model.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'd stick to it. Believe it or not but the 3G functionality actually comes in handy sometimes, and since the 3G model is possibly discontinued at this point, it's only going to get harder and harder to come across one. It's not a smartphone by no stretch of the imagination, but it does the job done with Youtube and internet browsing on Dat Screen. If you're in need of cash though, sure - why not? Just don't expect to get a whole lot more for it than the WiFi model - the 3G functionality is not in high demand. Think $10-$20 more than the usual model if you're lucky. ;)

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I'd stick to it. Believe it or not but the 3G functionality actually comes in handy sometimes, and since the 3G model is possibly discontinued at this point, it's only going to get harder and harder to come across one. It's not a smartphone by no stretch of the imagination, but it does the job done with Youtube and internet browsing on Dat Screen. If you're in need of cash though, sure - why not? Just don't expect to get a whole lot more for it than the WiFi model - the 3G functionality is not in high demand. Think $10-$20 more than the usual model if you're lucky. ;)

The 3G model is really only useful in EU/JP, not the US. We're stuck with one provider with shit data plans, so 3G definitely isn't worth using.

Like, it costs $50 to get 5GB of data for a month, 250MB is fucking...$15 a month. You can add the Vita to your plan if you already have AT&T, but you have to have a certain plan to do it and in the end it really isn't worth the money.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
I just got a Vita 3G as part of a Newegg bundle with my PS4, I want a Vita for remote play, but it's not really a must have product for me. Should I sell the Vita(it's unopened) on eBay or Amazon, then buy a cheap wifi version or just keep it? I really don't care for 3G and want to know if I could make some money back. Advice?

Did you just get a 3G model no wifi?. How strange, mine was 3G model but came with wifi as well and I had mine on pre-order ages ago.

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
That's because there is no WiFi-less PSVita - they come in two flavours, WiFi and 3G/WiFi. ;)

Whats he on about up above then? He mentions 3G model only, confused m8? Why would he want to sell it for a Wifi version? :huh:

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Whats he on about up above then? He mentions 3G model only, confused m8? Why would he want to sell it for a Wifi version?
For the sake of convenience people often truncate the full name "PSVita 3G/WiFi" to just "PSV 3G" - it's less typing and everyone knows what you're talking about anyways. ;)

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
For the sake of convenience people often truncate the full name "PSVita 3G/WiFi" to just "PSV 3G" - it's less typing and everyone knows what you're talking about anyways. ;)

So to get this write, he got his 3G Vita as part of a PS4 bundle from Newegg but wants to sell it for a cheap Wifi version??? :wacko: But it came as a bargain bundle originally anyway! What I am saying is why buy the bargain PS4 and PSVita 3G bundle in the first place, if that is what he was thinking off doing anyway?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
So to get this write, he got his 3G Vita as part of a PS4 bundle from Newegg but wants to sell it for a cheap Wifi version??? :wacko:
Yes. He counted on making some money off the 3G model and get the "cheaper" WiFi model instead later. Thing is, the price difference is practically non-existant due to low demand for the 3G/WiFi model. ;)

J

JustTheOtherGuy

To clarify the issue, I was hoping to sell the Vita to make money back on the bundle, and was also asking if I should by a wifi version on the cheap afterwards

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like, you could sell it now, then buy another when it gets cheaper, but that just seems like it would be more hassle than it's worth and wouldn't save you much while simultaneously depriving you of its use for however long that is.

Unless your really desperate for cash, (and if you wouldn't be buying the PS4 now anyway, right?) might as well keep it unless you're absolutely sure you'll never want one.

reprep

Trophies
Website
melankolisavar.blogspot.com
XP
Country
i don't think you will make any money back. as previous posters clearly pointed out, there is virtually no price difference between 3g and wifi vita. include the shipping and/or ebay/paypal commissions when selling the vita, it is very likely that you will lose money.

J

JustTheOtherGuy

Hey guys, its a closed case, I opened,used, and fell in love with my Vita weeks ago. The only reason I started the thread was to ask if i could sell the vita for say $200 since the bundle was like somewhere between 500 and 600, since I could get the ps4 for under 400 at that point. But I cracked and opened it and haven't regretted it yet.

S0NlC1

Youtube Partner
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.nfsgaming.com
XP
Country
The 3G model is really only useful in EU/JP, not the US. We're stuck with one provider with shit data plans, so 3G definitely isn't worth using.

Like, it costs $50 to get 5GB of data for a month, 250MB is fucking...$15 a month. You can add the Vita to your plan if you already have AT&T, but you have to have a certain plan to do it and in the end it really isn't worth the money.

here in Australia you can get 1.5GB for $18 per month

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
keep the vita
it work well if you have a ps4

remote play most ps4 game
have the ability to the ps4 second screen for the games the support it
and the vita is a nice system
you have many good psp and ps1 game that run on it
the vita library is getting there slowly be it is getting there
sony might unlock the 3g for any carrier at some point (in NA)
get PSN+ (if you have a ps4 have psn+ should be a must) you have many "free" vita games

J

JustTheOtherGuy

keep the vita
it work well if you have a ps4

remote play most ps4 game
have the ability to the ps4 second screen for the games the support it
and the vita is a nice system
you have many good psp and ps1 game that run on it
the vita library is getting there slowly be it is getting there
sony might unlock the 3g for any carrier at some point (in NA)
get PSN+ (if you have a ps4 have psn+ should be a must) you have many "free" vita games

Like I already said, I already decided to keep the Vita and love using it. It has replaced my ipad as my go to smart device, even

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.