Not open for further replies.

Unia4L

:)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey, would it be against the GBATEMP TOS If I created a Selly with my plugins on (for sale with money) and advertised it in my signature?

Thanks to anyone who answers :)

Yes I am a complete sell out :rofl2:

Toady231

Intellectual saviour of the masses
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey, would it be against the GBATEMP TOS If I created a Selly with my plugins on (for sale with money) and advertised it in my signature?

Seriously there's free software out there to compile you're own ntr plugins. Why would you sell them. There's no market out there and plus you are not allowed to sell freeware . So your idea isn't very well thought through.

Kourin

Touhou Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

No one's going to buy them, seriously. Especially when there's plenty of other plug-in makers that do it for free.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Seriously there's free software out there to compile you're own ntr plugins. Why would you sell them. There's no market out there and plus you are not allowed to sell freeware . So your idea isn't very well thought through.
maybe he has something extra special, like a new and improved video streaming plugin for 11.4 and o3ds :creep:

but idk, I guess its upto people if they are willing to buy what your offering

Reactions: Zidapi

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
So I actually can't find anything against the rules about it. But no one would ever buy a plugin made with free software that they could make themselves, for free.
I'm sure they would if they are unique/different enough, he hasn't actually said what they are maybe they are brand new stuff like a fully features cheat engine like gateway.....but yeah its upto people I guess if they are willing to pay for stuff that in theory they might be able to make for free

I guess the biggest issue is making sure all the tools your using/basing your tools on (if your using other peoples bases) are licenced for free/commercial use

Last edited by gamesquest1,

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'm sure they would if they are unique/different enough, he hasn't actually said what they are maybe they are brand new stuff like a fully features cheat engine like gateway.....but yeah its upto people I guess if they are willing to pay for stuff that in theory they might be able to make for free
I mean, maybe there's a market for it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I've seen crazier things sell before.

tnecniv43208

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Well technically when there's supply there's at least a few needs out there, and he did stated he had some unique features that other plugins don't have in another topic
For the topic, you should mail the mods for this, even if everyone says OK it's the mods deciding whether it's appropriate or not
Also I'm just curious did you made these plugins by using free open source tools?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I mean, maybe there's a market for it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ok
I've seen crazier things sell before.
ok having a look at his other thread it seems he is probably more specifically talking about FTW cheat plugins, I guess maybe the staff would see that as more of an issue, and the community doesn't really like people spreading online cheating tools so its probably more likely to get the op in trouble

but still I'm sure some nabs will pay for it

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I guess the biggest issue is making sure all the tools your using/basing your tools on (if your using other peoples bases) are licenced for free/commercial use
This right here should be the bigger concern. Because even if it is ok to sell it on the Temp, it also needs to be legally ok to be sold as well.
ok having a look at his other thread it seems he is probably more specifically talking about FTW cheat plugins, I guess maybe the staff would see that as more of an issue, and the community doesn't really like people spreading online cheating tools so its probably more likely to get the op in trouble

but still I'm sure some nabs will pay for it
I haven't looked at his other threads, but I will edit my post to make it better worded.

Last edited by The Catboy,

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just so you know, you would probably run the risk of the community backlash. Not only that but think about what you are planning to do. Most people write free sofware to get paid software (ie cfw for games). There is not only a chance that someone will create something just as good or better for free, but there are always those out there who would crack your hard work and repackage it for free.

If you need more of an example, look at gateway and the cfw community.

Toady231

Intellectual saviour of the masses
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for your feedback, and I am aware there is freeware I was just asking a question.
It's always good to ask questions and receive criticism really well. As said before its difficult to say you can sell plugins as there are plenty free stuff out there and with the right tools which are also out there for free then anyone can make plugins.

Depending on where you are it can be illegal to sell freeware especially if you used it to create a new product without paying the original creator. And such you'll be selling to minors which pose another issue as to what they are actually paying for. And also people will pirate your plugins and all it takes is one to post your work for free and as the mod said boom business gone.

I am curious to as what you are offering which is unique that it requires us to pay for it.

Reactions: Zidapi and Unia4L
D

Deleted User

I personally find it somewhat scummy to sell something like a plugin but that's none of my business. What do your plugins do that a regular one can't?

Reactions: Exavold

Unia4L

:)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
someone's desperate for lunch money.
Nah I was just asking a question http://prntscr.com/f1ger7

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It's always good to ask questions and receive criticism really well. As said before its difficult to say you can sell plugins as there are plenty free stuff out there and with the right tools which are also out there for free then anyone can make plugins.

Depending on where you are it can be illegal to sell freeware especially if you used it to create a new product without paying the original creator. And such you'll be selling to minors which pose another issue as to what they are actually paying for. And also people will pirate your plugins and all it takes is one to post your work for free and as the mod said boom business gone.

I am curious to as what you are offering which is unique that it requires us to pay for it.

Thanks, I don't express my feeling on the internet as what is the point?, and I haven't got anything unique at this time, and before anyone else starts to act like little bitches again I was just asking a question not confirming I will sell anything it was just a general question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: