Seems like Switch game datamining has begun.

Discussion in 'Switch - Hacking & Homebrew' started by epicmartin7, Jul 6, 2017.

1. robingilh

robingilh GBAtemp Regular

Dec 21, 2009
    France
    not far from a computer
    [​IMG]

2. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    The Yamaha YM2612 is the audio processor used in the Megadrive. Genesis Plus has a higher degree of emulation as a whole. RetroArch has filters too and since the only way to play Genplus is via RetroArch, they work just the same. Kega Fusion being the only one to support filters is invalidated, and it's closed source, good luck getting Steve Snake to release it. That, and it hasn't been updated in years, so.... 32X, is, eh.

3. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Oh, you right, is kinda outdated. Good point. I mean unless you can emulate windows or something then you got a point.:unsure:

Is a good thing they do have Genesis plus. So that is good. I wouldn't be interested in Retroarch, but if the wii genesis plus emulator can be used, I be happy with that. Been waiting for wii u port for too long but switch port makes me more excited. :)

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

@robingilh Yoshi death stare 2017? :creep:

4. Xanthe

Xanthe Sith

Dec 23, 2015
    United States
    Not sure why people don't want piracy yet? Someone explain?

Personally, I'm tryna get my hands on a GCN emulator. K. Thx.

5. Sonic Angel Knight

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Maybe cause piracy isn't the #1 thing people care about on their console? :mellow:

6. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    RetroArch gets a lot of flack, it's not that bad, people don't even bother learning it and automatically hate it; there'll never be a Wii U port because those who are skilled and capable, refuse to work on the Wii U.

7. Sonic Angel Knight

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    I know retroarch isn't bad. I used it a few times in the past for various reasons, I will say that looking like PS3/PSP XMB bar was nice idea, people just need to get used to using it.

8. danny19901

danny19901 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 12, 2016
    A hacked switch isn't a disaster at all I just want emulators we know what a Nvidia shield can do and this is a beefier one we know it can run dolphin, PPSSPP, Reicast and a lot more hopefully and would love to see androids FPSE get ported as that would be a dream.

Also just having apps, YouTube, web browser etc... As well as custom content doesn't mean everyone is gonna pirate MK8D or Zelda BOTW

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

FlappyFalco and Xanthe like this.
  9. UnsureSherlock

UnsureSherlock Member

Newcomer
    Aug 20, 2015
    United States
    Not everyone is comfortable with the idea of being a useless sack that can't pay people for their hard work.

TimX24968B likes this.
  10. Tonydaexpert

Tonydaexpert GBAtemp Regular

Jul 5, 2016
    United States
    All hackers will set everything they need up by the Time Pokemon Switch gets in season don't worry lol

11. Melvin8D

Melvin8D Member

Newcomer
    Mar 16, 2017
    Canada
    Since people are wondering how they got the files for the game, I personally think they downloaded switch games onto an sd card and put the sd card in the pc, and datamined from there.

12. Noctosphere

Noctosphere Moon furries | Official follower of Skiddon't-ism

Dec 30, 2013
    Canada
    Between three furries women
    In fact, i wasnt aware of console hacking scene for a long while. The first hack i got was a ds flashcart, and it was long time after their releases, around 2010

13. lembi2001

lembi2001 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 29, 2015
    They have intercepted system calls using their private exploit iirc. They used these intercepts to get further into the filesystem and read the contents of the cartridge.

peteruk likes this.