Hardware Seems Amazon was taken off of Nintendo's pre-order list for the Wi

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Amazon didn't have pre-orders for the 3DS XL either. And they don't sell the Nintendo 3DS. (It's listed on their website, but other sellers sell it)
Amazon stopped selling consoles months back. Just thought you should know.

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu/buynow/

Originally, Amazon.com was displayed alongside Bestbuy, Gamestop, and the rest at the bottom of the page, but now, it is no longer among them.

I have received an email from Amazon today asking me if i'd like to pre-order the WiiU.

Also the WiiU is sold by Amazon, here's a copy and paste portion of the item:

This item will be released on November 30, 2012.
Pre-order now.
Dispatched from and sold by Amazon.co.uk. Gift-wrap available.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Amazon.com stopped selling Nintendo consoles months back. Just thought you should know.
Fixed.

If you see Nintendo 3DS or Wii U consoles on amazon.com, then they are not sold by amazon, but by third-party sellers. It seems like a stupid gamestop-NoA deal to me, since Amazon is arguably the biggest competitor of gamestop. Gamestop pays NoA money and in return Amazon.com is not allowed to sell Nintendo consoles. Just speculation.

Reactions: 1 person

clonesniper666

KRII LUN AUS
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Why is that?

They make more from having 3rd Party sellers selling their stock than if they sold it themselves. I believe they make very little profit if they sell it themselves, so they set up 3rd Party sellers to sell it.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Why is that?

They make more from having 3rd Party sellers selling their stock than if they sold it themselves. I believe they make very little profit if they sell it themselves, so they set up 3rd Party sellers to sell it.

When did this start? Not that I buy many consoles from them but I bought the Vita a couple months ago directly from Amazon. This must be rather new.

clonesniper666

KRII LUN AUS
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Why is that?

When did this start? Not that I buy many consoles from them but I bought the Vita a couple months ago directly from Amazon. This must be rather new.

Its only for the Nintendo consoles, I think it was that the profit margin was only 5% for every console sold, and they are able to get more from the fees that 3rd Party sellers pay.

I am not sure on the actual percentage but I do remember it was really low

10_0ARMY

THE *Original* 1 Man Army
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
It seems to always be some sort of legal contract that causes these things to happen. I wouldn't buy one off Amazon anyways. There are a lot of things I'd buy from them, but consoles have always been an in store purchase for me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Odd coincidence?