Secret of Mana to get 3D remake

Sony's Latin Facebook page managed to accidentally put up a listing for a remake of a classic SNES RPG, Secret of Mana. It was then quickly removed, though people had already gotten a chance to see. A few hours later, Square Enix has confirmed that a Secret of Mana remake is in the works, and will be a 3D remake of the 2D sprite-based original. Secret of Mana's remake will be out for PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita, and Steam/PC, on February 15, 2018. It will feature fully voiced characters (with options for either English or Japanese voice acting), a remixed soundtrack, and local multiplayer support. The PS4 and PC release will also feature online multiplayer, while the Vita version is local only.

SonyNintendoGamer1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks great but the graphics make me think this is a Vita title first and then was ported over to PC/PS4. This and Danganronpa V3 make me happy tho, lots of great releases.

Your whiny bitching really is boring as shit.

Agreed lmao pathetic fanboys are a disgrace, crying about consoles they never owned.

Skeet1983

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am looking forward to this, loved playing it on SNES back in the day. Is there any info on if it will have local-multiplayer like the SNES version? I also hope there will be cross save with the Vita version :)

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you put it on the vita and not the switch.... Your stupid square-enix. Acting like crapcom actually. It is clearly not a power issue if its running on the vita..... Again the switch dont exist. I can understand pc but choosing vita over switch?

Besides a remake, how about a brand new game made in the same way as secret of mana.... or a brand new game made like chrono trigger? not skilled enough squeenix?

Last edited by Captain_N,
Reactions: Bladexdsl

DarthDub

Amateur Hacker
Trophies
Website
www.gaiaonline.com
XP
Country
United States
The butthurt about the Vita getting a port is pretty funny now. I would have loved to have seen you guys when PSP games were getting localised in 2015.
They don't realize that the Vita is still doing well in Japan and Square-Enix is a Japanese company..Also, Nintendo Switch is selling well, just wish there was more stock..

Reactions: whateverg1012

TylerZM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So probably something similar to the Adventure of Mana/Seiken Densetsu/Mystic Quest remake? Basically exactly the same game but with new graphics. That could work. I loved SoM so much back in the day but it hasn't really aged too well.

But it's really a joke this doesn't make Switch. I mean, come on, this was a Nintendo game in the first place. For what it's worth they'll probably port it to Android first :D
That and the facts that Secret of Mana is gonna be on the SNES Classic and KEEP IN MIND: Playstation doesn't allow crossplay

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sweet, this is one that I never played during the SNES years, and I've barely touched it on emulators either. The environments look great.
I have no idea how you possibly could have missed this. It's like saying you didn't play A link to the past during your snes years.

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Meh. Didn't care for the original. Gameplay was a not-as-well-executed Zelda and the story didn't really captivate me at all.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I have no idea how you possibly could have missed this. It's like saying you didn't play A link to the past during your snes years.
I was a kid during the SNES years, so my tastes weren't quite as refined yet. :creep:

Heck, I even missed Chrono Trigger the first time around, I didn't really play any RPGs back then.

Zeriel

Squid Kid
Trophies
XP
Country
Wow I was recently lamenting the fact that I never played Secret of Mana :O
If they release the Japanese language on Steam I'll buy it but there's a 0.001% chance of that ever happening...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt