Not open for further replies.

Stalkid64X

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That's not a storage device.
It's not a "jtag hack" either.
Well, at least nobody has shouted about how "THIS WILL LEAD TO `COSTUME` FIRMWARES LIKE PSP PS3!!!" or suggested using the old jpeg idea yet.

...Any time now though.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Execution of unsigned code.

</nitpickybitch>

WAIT

The loading and subsequent execution of the contents of an unsigned binary.

There.
Huh? Sorry, I don't understand what you're referring to here...Is this a response to some post in this thread? (I can't see any it seems to correspond to)

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
He's expecting two aspects to be present in a response.

1 - Questioning. "When will the hacks come out?" "So can I play GC ISOs on the Wii U yet?" "When can we play 3DS games on the controllerpad?"
2 - A lack of understanding of the concepts involved. "So we can put that key in the bluetooth or the wifi and it's hacked right? Anybody got a youtube video showing me how to do it? Text tutorials are too hard to read."

I responded to him while skirting around both.

1 - I gave a statement, not a question. I gave a small description of what some sort of key or exploit release might lead to, instead of questioning it.
2 - Anal-level technical wording describing what "hack" means in the most basic form.

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
thats how these threads go , everyone submits fukwit ideas on what may or may not happen then usually sifjar rebuffs the ideas but also including a disclaimer of sorts then the likes of rydian throw in some superior mind fuk techo joke . then it repeats lol... its better than corrie for sure...

lismati

Speedrunner in practice
OP
Trophies
Website
www.wiiplanet.info
XP
Country
Poland
Still, better that than stupid flamewars like "IPHONE FOR RICH PUSSIES ANDROID FO REALZ" or "NINTENDO BABY TOYS, GO PLAY SOME REAL GAEMZ LIEK CALL OF DUTY"

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i did not literally mean it was a mass storage device, i was referring to the device possibly pretending to be one to intercept data sent to it by the Wii U from it thinking it was one and it trying to utilize it as such.

qwertymodo

Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
The caption on the photo comes right out and says what it is... a bi-directional serial interface, which is basically what the USB Gecko was. Interestingly, byuu did something similar with the SNES using the controller port.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The caption on the photo comes right out and says what it is... a bi-directional serial interface, which is basically what the USB Gecko was. Interestingly, byuu did something similar with the SNES using the controller port.
Yeah, but most people here were incapable of reading/understanding that

qwertymodo

Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
"A bi-directional serial interface"....

So it's a half-duplex connection?

Depends on how they have it set up. It's hard to tell from the photos exactly what is being used, but assuming it's an FT232R, it should be capable of full-duplex. Not that it really makes that much difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs