Hardware Second Hand Wii U problems?

Monkeydunk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi I'm planning to buy a second hand Wii U.

It's already been linked to a Nintendo account. Is there anyway for me to change it to my 3ds account without losing any of the content that's already on the Wii U?

Cheers monkeydunk.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I'm planning to buy a second hand Wii U.

It's already been linked to a Nintendo account. Is there anyway for me to change it to my 3ds account without losing any of the content that's already on the Wii U?

Cheers monkeydunk.

Not sure how this would work with a different Nintendo Network, but you can try moving all the games to a Wii U formatted drive and then formatting the console, then moving the games back to it

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure how this would work with a different Nintendo Network, but you can try moving all the games to a Wii U formatted drive and then formatting the console, then moving the games back to it

I thought that the digital downloads were tied to a specific console and not an account, could be wrong though.

ShinyLatios

Not Quite There Yet
Trophies
Website
www.eonaegis.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Downloads are tied to both account AND console. Remove the account and you lose the games. I got my Wii U second-hand as well. It still has the old account on it.

Fortunately, you can have multiple users with different NNIDs each, so it's not really a problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: