OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
Hi
I'm searching for info about current 3D game engines or development systems such as 3D Game Studio that are easy to use and are rapid to make games but I'm not familiar with engines and dont have much time to gather info about so please if you are familiar with their capabilities and know the ones that are rapid to use, freeware or commericals, please suggest them.

Our game is not huge and doesnt even require a great physic engine or pathfinding or things like that, we sorta want to make a 3rd person view adventure game, but we want to be able to make it fast and doesnt need much learning so we prefer development studios such as 3d game studio over actual game-engines since they require knowledge of 3d mathematics are usually take much more to develop.

Thank you all.

EDIT:
I'm mainly after something like FPS Creator but with more features and being able to make 3rd Person games too.

fischju

Rehabilitated Jaywalker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I would have suggested the newest FPS Creator.....

Check out DarkBASIC Professional, and the other tools made by The Game Creators

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
thnx but I'm going to make a King of the Road type game, FPS Creator is capable of FPS games
(but King of the Road IS an FPS game, unless they want to view it from 3rd person view)

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
My current candidates are:

Blitz3D
3D Game Studio
Torque
NeoAxis
C4

If you know which one is easier to develop and has faster development speed, plus has good car physics, please suggest one.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Personally I would say make a mod, plenty of them utilise all the 3d design tools available or at least use their formats and then some go further.
3d maths is going to happen whatever you do and quite frankly it is just 2d graphing maths with an extra set of axes (the hardest part for most is wrapping your head around multiple points of origin, sure it exists in 2d but it not overly useful for most things).

On the other hand there is stuff like VRML/x3d, a java-html esque language with plenty of scope for "adventure" games (I have not messed with it for years but vrml had look, click and position triggers).
Couple that will various skinning and landscape generating tools (terragen is my favourite) and you have the capability to do some serious work.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
Thanks, you enlightened another topic of mine with your posts, I personally love your posts.

That being said, but I want to work with an actual engine since its good for my resmue of game dev, if anyone has any experience with any of those engines, I would love to know.

But it seems that I have to put each one into a 1month or less test to see which one works for me.

eonwe217

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
Well you could always try the nebula device, but the main problem is that theres no level editor, not even a level format.

Also theres the zombie engine derived from nebula, and it does have editors and all but its still developing
both are opensource.

btw neo axis is quite easy to use, and if you want the looks just texture bake in vray.

Neko

Been a while.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You're better of creating a mod for the source engine seeing as it's very easy. Even someone without c++ knowledge can make his own mod!
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They really wanna get the head