Gaming Searching for a game I played as a kid

Par39

The Life Hacker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I'm trying to find the name of a game I played as a kid, some 15ish years ago. I think it was on Linux. It was a turn based strategy game in the spirit of Fire Emblem, but you had to buy your units with a King, and he had to be in a castle to do it. Sprite graphics, medieval themed. You had a turn limit to beat a map, I remember very well losing one map by running out of turns when I couldn't get my king over to the next castle to buy more units for the last push to take over the last castle.

Not much info to go by, but I hope someone knows the game I'm talking about and tells me what it was.

Par39

The Life Hacker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
The Battle for Wesnoth is the closest thing I know of to what you described.

There's a couple others, but I doubt they're what you're looking for. I'll keep looking for a bit.

Master of Monsters for Sega Genesis and Master of Monsters: Disciples of Gaia for PSOne.

Langrisser
The Battle for Wesnoth does look quite close to it, though I have no idea if it had any story since I was too young to understand English back then, could've just skipped it. Though I think it only had one race, humans?
The others mentioned aren't what I'm looking for, at least.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The first thing that came to mind is Shining Force, but thats not it. I am interested to see if you find it, sounds very interesting. I have a pretty crazy taste for SRPGs myself.

Par39

The Life Hacker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
So far, my best bet does seem to be The Battle For Wesnoth. Though with all the campaigns it has, it's really hard to say for sure as I can't seem to find the map I remember playing (mountain area with one path you can go down, one castle in the middle and another in the end, I managed to take the first castle but ran out of turns before taking the second one and lost). But everything else seems to be correct.

So unless there's another game with pretty much the same mechanics as Wesnoth, I'm going to say that was it.

esmith13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was it the Warlords series? I played Warlords II in the mid 90's but they made 4 of them and then one or two more games that were not true sequels but still count as such to most. It was the first game I thought of when I read your description...

Par39

The Life Hacker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Was it the Warlords series? I played Warlords II in the mid 90's but they made 4 of them and then one or two more games that were not true sequels but still count as such to most. It was the first game I thought of when I read your description...
No, doesn't look like it, and I don't think it had cities and diplomacy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb