Hardware Search for possible US-motherboard New 3DS

D

Deleted User

I know next to nothing about the motherboard other than the NAND pinouts, but I wonder if it'd be possible to move the NAND from the XL mobo to the standard mobo.
That's what I thought at one point, but then I realized that NANDs are kinda system-specific, and can only be restored to the same system it was grabbed from.

proxibomb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, not really. The traces in the in-between layers are very thin. Don't feel too bad though, I had similar ideas about modding a N3DSXL motheboard to fit in a regular-sized N3DS until I came to my senses and settled on the soft-mod options for N3DS. Couldn't be happier! ^_^
I know next to nothing about the motherboard other than the NAND pinouts, but I wonder if it'd be possible to move the NAND from the XL mobo to the standard mobo.
Yeah thanks for the feedback. I assume there's no realistic way to reconnect everything?
It's possible, someone did it and documented the entire process. Here's the link.

Last edited by proxibomb,

proxibomb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd probably pay someone to do that for me if someone offered to do this for people.
It could be possible, someone doing this. Only problem is that Nintendo might butt into this "risky" business. I posted a sweet offer on Reddit for those looking to start a business like:

"Assuming you buy the US New 3DS without sending anything, it would probably be 430 for the systems, 50 for the service, and 10 for shipping, adding to 490$. Sending your console just lowers that price by 175$. Basically, sending your own XL means you'll pay 315$."

Reactions: Deleted User

tots

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It could be possible, someone doing this. Only problem is that Nintendo might butt into this "risky" business. I posted a sweet offer on Reddit for those looking to start a business like:

"Assuming you buy the US New 3DS without sending anything, it would probably be 430 for the systems, 50 for the service, and 10 for shipping, adding to 490$. Sending your console just lowers that price by 175$. Basically, sending your own XL means you'll pay 315$."

50 for the service seems a little low to me. It obviously quite a tricky procedure as even the professionals messed up the first time and needed the x-ray to show it.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

50 for the service seems a little low to me. It obviously quite a tricky procedure as even the professionals messed up the first time and needed the x-ray to show it.
I feel like $150 to $200 USD or a little bit higher would be a good price.
I guess it also kinda depends on how steady you can hold your hand while doing that. I've never done soldering before, but if I had, I know I would have issues with that part because I can barley hold my hands steady when I'm trying to do something where I actually need my hands to be steady.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: