Hacking SD2VITA AND INTERNAL MEMORY CARD AT THE SAME TIME?

sd_dracula

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have a phat vita with enso and I have followed this guide here (on wololo site I guess I can't put the link here) to set up my sd2vita.

Problem is once I removed the config.txt from ux0:/tai to ur0:tai and added the gamesd.prx file to it and rebooted, I can see only the sd2vita in settings and all the bubbles with vitashell/taiHen have dissappeared so I can't really do much.

How do I set up the vita to take both vita and sd2vita cards? Or is that not possible?
If I can't then how do I revert back to internal memory card to transfer stuff across?

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
1- You can link wololo here just fine.
2- depending on the gamesd you used, I assume you set up your Sd2vita as ux0 and vita/internal memory as uma0. So simply accessing vita shell you will see both partitions by using unsafe mode through henkaku settings
3- you can't use both at the same time in the sense that the total GBs will be added on top of each other
4- reverting is just the same as installing: just remove the gamesd line added to config.txt

Reactions: MOHAMEDDZ

killmister2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have the exact same situation, and no issue. You just need to copy your Vita mem card to your microSD before using it.

Both mem cards can be seen in VitaShell, as ux0 and uma0. So you should see your Vita mem card as uma0. Copy its content to ux0 and you're done.

sd_dracula

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So the issue I have now is that I did not copy the vita card to the sd2vita so I have no bubbles for molecule/ftp, etc while I have the SD2Vita plugged in and the vita mem card.
What's my play here?

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Press L on boot (or was it R? Pretty sure it's L) to disable all plugins for that boot. It will deactivate Sd2vita usage and your main memory is temporarily back to vita memory

You can also for install molecularshell by visiting henkaku cuz, and once you get to installion screen, press R

So, couple of choices :)

Reactions: godreborn

sd_dracula

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Press L on boot (or was it R? Pretty sure it's L) to disable all plugins for that boot. It will deactivate Sd2vita usage and your main memory is temporarily back to vita memory

You can also for install molecularshell by visiting henkaku cuz, and once you get to installion screen, press R

Yeah installing henkaku won't work because I have the permanent one and when I try it says nope you already have it. Will try the other method. Thanks

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

this is correct. :)

Reactions: Madridi

sd_dracula

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok the L boot method worked but I still don't get
I have the exact same situation, and no issue. You just need to copy your Vita mem card to your microSD before using it.

Both mem cards can be seen in VitaShell, as ux0 and uma0. So you should see your Vita mem card as uma0. Copy its content to ux0 and you're done.

If I start the vita with L button down (as mentioned above), I am not seeing the sd2vita in vitashell so I cannot copy to it. Any way around that?
And also If I just copy all data from vita card to sd2vita, then how can install/use both at the same time?

Last edited by sd_dracula,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's because all plugins have been unmounted. the best method to do this is either to use the driver that makes the sd2vita card uma0 or ftp via usb the memory card content to your pc, then transfer it to the micro sd. I did the latter, and I've had no issues with it. note: u can't transfer via usb if the sd2vita driver is mounted.

sd_dracula

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok so I've forced a reinstall of henkaku to the sd2vita and when i go to vitashell it can only see ux0 as sd2vita or as the vita card if I reboot with plugins disabled. No uma0.
As per http://wololo.net/2017/07/20/setting-sd2vita-adapter-formatting-microsd-can-done-windows/ looks like adding ur0:tai/gamesd.skprx” only allows one of the cards to work at one time?
I wouldn't mind copying all to the sd2vita from vita memory card but i can't see both of them in vitashell.

Last edited by sd_dracula,

sd_dracula

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok so there are two drivers (skprx files) I originally used the first one which is why it would only see the sd2vita, I've now installed the second driver and I have the sd2vita as uma0 now.
BUT, when I install a vpk it goes to the internal memory card instead of the sd, how can I change that?

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Yeah installing henkaku won't work because I have the permanent one and when I try it says nope you already have it. Will try the other method. Thanks
Pretty sure it still installs molecular shell regardless. Can't confirm atm
Ok so I've forced a reinstall of henkaku to the sd2vita and when i go to vitashell it can only see ux0 as sd2vita or as the vita card if I reboot with plugins disabled. No uma0.
As per http://wololo.net/2017/07/20/setting-sd2vita-adapter-formatting-microsd-can-done-windows/ looks like adding ur0:tai/gamesd.skprx” only allows one of the cards to work at one time?
I wouldn't mind copying all to the sd2vita from vita memory card but i can't see both of them in vitashell.
First of all, you really should specify which gamesd.skprx you used.

Second, do you still have config.txt On ux0:? Delete it

Third, you know you could just boot your vita pressing L (which will make your vita memory as ux0, launch vitashell and enable USB, and just copy the contents to your micro sd using your pc. I am not sure why you trying to copy one memory card to the other opthrough the vita itself. It's not a recommended procedure anyway

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ok so there are two drivers (skprx files) I originally used the first one which is why it would only see the sd2vita, I've now installed the second driver and I have the sd2vita as uma0 now.
BUT, when I install a vpk it goes to the internal memory card instead of the sd, how can I change that?
Yeah no, use the other one. Then delete any config.txt on Sd2vita or the vita memory. The only one that should exist is the one in ur0

Reactions: Zidapi

sd_dracula

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok so I've copied all from memory card to sd and used the driver which mounts sd2vita at ux0.
So in the end it is still not possible to install apps to both cards right? It's either one or the other right?

killmister2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, only 1 card to install games (in ux0), but the other one (mounted as uma0) can be used to store ROMs for emulators for example.

sd_dracula

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks guys. I do have one question, in vitashell when I use the USB to transfer files it still opens up the memory card even though the sd2vita is mounted to ux0 and not the sony card.
Can we use vitashell to copy directly to the sd card via USB or just have to pull out the sd and copy stuff that way?

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a phat vita with enso and I have followed this guide here (on wololo site I guess I can't put the link here) to set up my sd2vita.

Problem is once I removed the config.txt from ux0:/tai to ur0:tai and added the gamesd.prx file to it and rebooted, I can see only the sd2vita in settings and all the bubbles with vitashell/taiHen have dissappeared so I can't really do much.

How do I set up the vita to take both vita and sd2vita cards? Or is that not possible?
If I can't then how do I revert back to internal memory card to transfer stuff across?
1- You can link wololo here just fine.
2- depending on the gamesd you used, I assume you set up your Sd2vita as ux0 and vita/internal memory as uma0. So simply accessing vita shell you will see both partitions by using unsafe mode through henkaku settings
3- you can't use both at the same time in the sense that the total GBs will be added on top of each other
4- reverting is just the same as installing: just remove the gamesd line added to config.txt

Take a look at this:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/appmanager-plus-v3-01-released.482566/

It allows you to use both the the vita memory card and sd2vita at the same time in terms of total GB storage for vita games and apps. I'm actually surprised it's not getting more attention. It's a little buggy when it comes to saves but I'm sure it will get worked out soon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)