Hardware SD vs micro SD

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 1,317
  • Replies 4
D

Deleted User

OP
I'm buying a 64 GB SD card to backup my Wii U. Are there any advantages to using a standard size SD card instead of a micro SD card and adapter?

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i found that micro sd wasnt as good as sd when using for backing up my wiiu disks as wud. ...copy'n would fail on micro sd but regular size worked fine

samsung 64gb evo sdxc > sandisk ultra 64gb micro sdxc

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I'm buying a 64 GB SD card to backup my Wii U. Are there any advantages to using a standard size SD card instead of a micro SD card and adapter?
Well, the MicroSD adapters will wear out over time, and start becoming unreliable, requiring ejecting and reinserting the MicroSD several times before it'll work, but those adapters are cheap and easily replaced and if you're like me, you already have way more MicroSD adapters than you need, since they come with almost every MicroSD card.
On the other hand, MicroSD cards are more versatile, once you no longer need it for the Wii U you can put it in something else, like a n3DS, phone, camera, or just use it as a tiny USB flash drive by using a tiny MicroSD reader.
I like the flexibility of MicroSD cards, so that's usually what I go with. Any time I upgrade the memory card storage on one of my devices, one of my other devices gets an upgrade too as I put the old card in it. I could still do that with full-size SD cards but I would be far more limited in what I could use it in since most devices use MicroSD these days.

Jarmenti

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I agree, I'll never buy a full size sd based on the fact that you can adapt a microsd to any size but a full size sd can't be adapted (without ribbon like bulky adapters)... and they function exactly the same!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Illinois is working to ban toxic food additives that have been banned for decades in other...