SD Gundam G Generation Overworld english translation

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by izzul95, Jul 25, 2014.

1. danikk

danikk GBAtemp Regular

Dec 29, 2014
    Hungary
    Budapest
    That is quite odd, On my phone the the only bug I noticed is that some backgound pieces are missing (generally the ground on ground maps).
    Its definitely an emulation issue, as subtextures are not placed in their correct position on the screen, they seem to be offset sideways (Setsuna's mouth is directly to the left of where it should be, and the Unicorn's Beam magnum is to the right of where it should be)
    After setting the rendering resolution to 1x have you restarted the emulator? That might help.
    See if you have the latest version, which just released today fixing issues with games on phones, it might affect this issue as well.
    You can try reporting the issue on the PPSSPP forums, they might be able to help with what settings might cause it, or find out why it is happening.

Last edited by danikk, May 28, 2017
    Poltergiest likes this.
  2. Poltergiest

Poltergiest Newbie

Newcomer
    May 28, 2017
    T
    Thanks for the quick reply! I'm using the latest version (1.4.2) of PPSSPP for android. Setting the rendering resolution to 1x and restarting it didn't make any changes. I'll try to redownload again and see if that fixes the issue. I'll also try to post at the PPSSPP forums like you said. Thanks for the help!

3. Poltergiest

Poltergiest Newbie

Newcomer
    May 28, 2017
    YES!!! I FINALLY FOUND A FIX! Finally after 2 days of making my mind explode, I had this crazy idea. I went to the PPSSPP's website and downloaded the earliest version of the emulator for android. Magically, it fixed itself and can play the game perfectly now. Huh, just goes to show you that the something new isn't technically better.

Red771, AdanK85 and danikk like this.
  4. danikk

danikk GBAtemp Regular

Dec 29, 2014
    Hungary
    Budapest
    Ah, so the new version actually broke it, good to know. Thanks for sharing the solution an have fun with the game:).

AdanK85 likes this.
  5. KiraSAO

KiraSAO Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 19, 2014
    I'm having the same issue, I too have an Samsung Galaxy S8. When I start up the game I get this, tried it on a few versions and its all the same.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Here is a picture of what it looks like.

Attached Files:

6. KiraSAO

KiraSAO Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 19, 2014
    I have it fixed now. I messaged Poltergiest and he help me out with it. Great job with the patch and thank you for making it :)

Bucky699 likes this.
  7. Bucky699

Bucky699 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 12, 2012
    I got an S7 wonder how it'll run on that....anyone know?

8. Kaixiel

Kaixiel Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 15, 2014
    Cretas, Spain
    I'm having the same problem as poltergeist, tried downloading the ppsspp 1.3 but its exactly the same, i need help xD

EDIT: never mind, turns out the latest nightly build got vulkan compatibility and it works even better with that xD

Last edited by Kaixiel, Jun 13, 2017
  9. EchoC1

EchoC1 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 19, 2017
    United States
    Eh, i don't show much around here, however, been following the project for a long time. I'd like to congratulate all of you gentlemen involved in the translation, you truly did a fine job, and a favor for all of the gundam fans out there, the SD series is a masterpiece! Thanks! ;)

A question for the devs, perhaps in the future, you have any plans to translate Assault Survive? there's already a basic patch for the items and menus, but most of the other things were left in japanese.

Regarding emulation; Never had any problems with the patch, the game runs smoothly, without any issue at all. Tested in a Moto E 1 and a Grand Prime Duos. If you're having issues with display, perhaps your phone can't handle it, or it's just a matter of configuration. Try enabling "Skip Buffer", this gave me clearer graphics and a better gameplay. The game runs without issue on about any medium to high end phones, just test it.

danikk likes this.
  10. lionheart32

lionheart32 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 29, 2017
    Mexico
    Im playing this game on a real psp and sometimes i notice lag in some animations or maps is this normal?

11. danikk

danikk GBAtemp Regular

Dec 29, 2014
    Hungary
    Budapest
    I have heard in the past that this game does that on some occasion on the PSP, but can't really confirm it.
    It is also possible that the patch pushes the hardware slightly more more here and there, but there wasn't any negative feedback about performance during testing or release from PSP users.

12. BetaXenon

BetaXenon Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 21, 2015
    Russia
    Samara, Russia
    I must note that this "basic patch" for assault survive is cause of freezes in some instances with most common is on final stage of character generation (thought it's depends on answers).

13. innovade

innovade Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 23, 2017
    Indonesia
    @danikk hello danikk can you reupload the BGM with. mp3 format from page 57 because the mega link you used to upload the file is no longer available

14. danikk

danikk GBAtemp Regular

Dec 29, 2014
    Hungary
    Budapest
  15. innovade

innovade Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 23, 2017
    Indonesia
    @danikk yeayy,thank you very much

16. danikk

danikk GBAtemp Regular

Dec 29, 2014
    Hungary
    Budapest
    Your welcome.

Also for some actual updates,t here is still some activity behind the scenes with the CLUT based texture replacement for PPSSPP, here is what was cooking for the past few months:

- all attacks with replaceable textures have been replaced between Mobile Suit Gundam and G Gundam.
    - Map sprites have also been replaced between MS Gundam and G Gundam +00 Season 2 and the Unicorn units that were available in the previous game
    - Ship animations and map sprites are completed 100%
    - Several texts in menus that were missing before have been replaced (mainly in the stage selection menu)
    - Replacement of character Cutins has just as well begun, there are higher quality textures available for a good portion of the characters, so far only MS Gundam and 8th MS team replaced.

A bit of a demo

17. akanerin7

akanerin7 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 15, 2017
    Indonesia
    @danikk i hope you can finish it xD, i'll be reading the news and testing your release.

18. Ikaresu

Ikaresu Member

Newcomer
    Apr 14, 2014
    Brazil
    Chocobo Island
    Great patch, great game overall.
    On an more unrelated note for those that know of this subject, does anyone know what happened to the translation of SRW Alpha? I've been eager to play it since it actually has some pretty good series..without the need to buy and hack an psvita/ps3 just to play z3 to have them, but instead they finished Gaiden first for some reason and died?

19. AdanK85

AdanK85 Game Addict

Nov 8, 2013
    Malaysia
    Been busy and still is.

Don't take my words for this but the alpha translation might still be going strong behind the scene. The final part of a project is always kinda slow - burned out/exhaustion etc. Not to mention the amount of scripts in later missions, especially for SRW. Knowing blackdog, he doesn't seem to be the type to give up easily.

20. kahoshi

kahoshi Member

Newcomer
    Jan 12, 2009
    Canada
    good lord you must have been bored as hell. thank you very much for all your hard work! :bow: