Translation SD Gundam G Generation Overworld english translation

akanerin7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I would like to mention that a small bug was left in the PPSSPP HQ patch, causing Mashymre's and Chara's sprites to be switched with eachother on the Character training screen. The NPJH50681 zip has been updated with the correction (only the .ini file has changed).

While I originally did try to make a program to generate the proper datafiles for reading Higher resolution sprite, but in the end I settled on converting the ones used by the Wii version of World (as it uses the higher res sprites). I have uploaded a sample of the original, and imported datafiles/sprites here:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByfNnBLIIZXvMWhKSXkyMXNUN28
I have, on multiple occasion have confirmed, that increasing the filesize (resolution) of the sprites can cause the game to start having memory write errors, some at random some more consistently (increasing the sprite size of the original Gundam from 96*96 to 128*128 always causes memory write errors on stage A1 when it first appears, even when no code has been changed in the game.)

Yeah, not really feasible.

Technically this solution works, but it has the same problem as the above one with the memory issues.
allrady try reversing it? example from 96*96 to 64*64, if problem still show up probably need some code re-arrangement(and possible hacks for it) i guess it was UV Problem which cause some problem into game directly due different resolutions. since i don't have a lot of time i can't give any *real* evidence for fixing those memory issues, so sorry danikk.
i will look for it later, now im thinking about replacing map sprites that is possible to do.
note: sorry for my bad english and im not a hacker too, just an texture editor :) and still a learning-programming guy

Negi_Springfield

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yo, Nobunaga think you could hook some of us up who can no longer use the ARK method now that Sony blocked the downloading of PSP demos?

I'd also like to state for the record that the ARK mod format is pretty antiquated by this point dev team, so while it works, it's not something everyone can use properly or easily.

Last edited by Negi_Springfield,

Nobunaga

Empty
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Yo, Nobunaga think you could hook some of us up who can no longer use the ARK method now that Sony blocked the downloading of PSP demos?
Here is what I did I had only Numblast on my Vita but then I found Adrenaline easy installer 1.05 version and it lets you install another psp game somehow :P so I made the easy installer's game the Adrenaline entry point and made Numblast ARK's entrypoint!

Hope I helped you ^_^

ranonadg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
all the cwcheats i used for the game (Capital Max max ace points ) dont work i use ppsspp v1.3 its the only game that the cwcheats dont work
When a game is translated, a lot of hacking occurs (due to new graphics, text compression, and other things), which tends to move pointers and memory addresses around. CWCheats (and cheat codes in general) target specific memory addresses, so by changing the address where a given value is stored, that code will no longer work as intended.

Easy workaround, really; load up an unpatched iso, apply the codes, then save at the intermission screen. Load up the save with the translated iso, and you get your effects. Mind you, this only works for static things like Ace Points, Capital, etc. Continuous things like ignoring level requirements for upgrades won't persist this way.

Reactions: narzz and gusty

CleanSweep

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
all the cwcheats i used for the game (Capital Max max ace points ) dont work i use ppsspp v1.3 its the only game that the cwcheats dont work
When a game is translated, a lot of hacking occurs (due to new graphics, text compression, and other things), which tends to move pointers and memory addresses around. CWCheats (and cheat codes in general) target specific memory addresses, so by changing the address where a given value is stored, that code will no longer work as intended.

Easy workaround, really; load up an unpatched iso, apply the codes, then save at the intermission screen. Load up the save with the translated iso, and you get your effects. Mind you, this only works for static things like Ace Points, Capital, etc. Continuous things like ignoring level requirements for upgrades won't persist this way.
AFAIK, Max Capital never worked in PPSSPP. It might be something about the way PPSSPP implements CWCheat support that's responsible for that.

Geogetski666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OT: for those who have Adrenaline but don't have another psp buuble to install your ARK bubble with you can use vita auto-bubble to copy your existing adrenaline bubble
https://gbatemp.net/threads/auto-bubble-tool-thread.436112/

then use the
ARK bubble for Vita firmware 3.60.
http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=47678#p416112

then when your finished following the instructions transfer your game using QCMA to your PC then back and thats all you need and the ARK will show up enjoy sorry for this offtopic just wanted to help those vita users who wants to play this translation in their vita :)

Reactions: CrashmanX

Negi_Springfield

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is what I did I had only Numblast on my Vita but then I found Adrenaline easy installer 1.05 version and it lets you install another psp game somehow :P so I made the easy installer's game the Adrenaline entry point and made Numblast ARK's entrypoint!

Hope I helped you ^_^
Funny you say that... I just so happened to recently delete my PSP entry game by accident and had to resort to the Adrenaline easy installer in order to get it back... otherwise that would have worked easily. Funny how things work out some time. I'll Try Geogetski's method later and get back to you guys later on how it goes.

Reactions: Geogetski666

Dragn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just downloaded and applied the translation patch today, tried it out and it works first time. Old saves work perfectly fine as well, so I'm beyond overjoyed. I know it's been a long journey for the translation team, but it's well worth it when it benefits so many of us. I would like to say a HUGE thanks to the entire team for not only sticking it out but seeing it through to the end of the project! Not many are able to keep a multi-year project going when the direct benefits are close to nil, so kudos!

shaies

Trophies
XP
Country
i tried to patch the iso of G Gen overworld using xdelta UI but i get an error saying "xdelta3:target window checksum mismatch: XD3_INVALID_INPUT"

anyone can help?

BlackDog61

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
i tried to patch the iso of G Gen overworld using xdelta UI but i get an error saying "xdelta3:target window checksum mismatch: XD3_INVALID_INPUT"

anyone can help?
Another user reported this was an original iso problem, and found it solved when using a good one. Would you mind exploring that?

shaies

Trophies
XP
Country
ok will try that after i found another iso

to be safe im redownloading the patch since the download was stopped and resumed for the 1st time

araa

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
hello guys, my PPSSPP have the same problem with Negi_Springfield vita, it goes blackscreen after the game load the system data.

in my case when i patch the iso i got XDeltas: source file too short: XD3_Invalid_Input error, but the output file is succeed to be made

sorry my bad english

DragonFang

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hello guys, my PPSSPP have the same problem with Negi_Springfield vita, it goes blackscreen after the game load the system data.

in my case when i patch the iso i got XDeltas: source file too short: XD3_Invalid_Input error, but the output file is succeed to be made

sorry my bad english

Your .iso (game image) is faulty. It's either corrupted (version and/or download), or simply one of the many broken versions around on the web. Try patching with a different .iso.

Tip: if the patcher supplies you with an error, your patched .iso will not work properly. It's as simple as that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.