Translation SD Gundam G Generation Overworld english translation

AdanK85

Game Addict
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Not really interested in giving percentage given the state of the progress.. but using the reference given by Pique on page 12.

Translation finished for B and C stages. I'm close to finishing D4 today but need to go out to settle some RL stuff.
Clean has done well with his 1st run through edition. As far as I know, he has done all C stages, done B stages till B4. Now, he's taking a break from story edition and try something refreshing on menu text edition.
Pique has been doing all the programming works for extraction of the files and stuffs.
CrashmanX helps with translating terms and gives advices to pique for his programming. He's busy at the moment in RL though.
Izzul is er... taking a long break.

In short, for a 4+1 man team, we are doing pretty good. Clean is doing recruitment for additional editors though I'm not sure the details yet as of now but Pique is trying to help alleviate the issue faced. Still, after what we found out in the menu text, I guess new editors have to learn to use a 'little' bit of madedit, not to the point of learning hacking though.

As usual, thanks to guys at 4chan too.

Edit: Woohoo! My 100th post after about 1 year++

Reactions: PiQue_MajorCooke

PiQue_MajorCooke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Edit: Woohoo! My 100th post after about 1 year++

I clicked liked on this post specially for this last line of comment. lolz
Just kidding. Thanks for the long reply, [user]AdanK85[/user]

-- EDITED --
Like Adan said, it's hard to tell about how much the percentage of our progression.
But here is a screenshot of our progression, what we are doing in the background.
There can also be more screenshots of our works but I'm so lazy to capture them. lolz

Attachments

• HelperToolV2.3.png
    HelperToolV2.3.png
    27.9 KB · Views: 581
Reactions: breaktemp

enixman

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
hey i already play this games last week
but i have no clue to do the challenge mission, its very :wink:
so...
i am (a newbie) interesting to help to develop this English translation projects, so how can i help you guys?

AdanK85

Game Addict
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Well.
We need translators and additional editors. The editor recruitment as I mentioned just last few posts ago that Clean is handling it and apparently he got 2 candidates last I know.

As for other position... I think the team aren't thinking of any yet and are pretty comfortable at the moment... I guess.
Breaktemp offered his save games for us too. So, I think testing the game is pretty much less of a problem now.

Thanks for the offer though.

There's this site that was set up by some guys that covers the requirement for those challenges. Have a look at the site.

http://www.ggenoverworld.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

Reactions: breaktemp

breaktemp

D-Sun who was called D-Moon
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
It is always nice to see more people stop by the thread to offer to help out on this project.

though, do note, if you have asked for "just a menu translation" in the past...i am sure the members working on this project will be less likely to share their work with you.

even with that said, if you would really like to assist with the project, feel free to ask what needs to be done.

* i am sure there are many things that need to be done/checked *

enixman

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Well.
We need translators and additional editors. The editor recruitment as I mentioned just last few posts ago that Clean is handling it and apparently he got 2 candidates last I know.

As for other position... I think the team aren't thinking of any yet and are pretty comfortable at the moment... I guess.
Breaktemp offered his save games for us too. So, I think testing the game is pretty much less of a problem now.

Thanks for the offer though.

There's this site that was set up by some guys that covers the requirement for those challenges. Have a look at the site.

http://www.ggenoverworld.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

oh okok 86 i will look at that website

i hope the best for you guys :gun: , still waiting for the EN ver. patch :yaypsp:

AdanK85

Game Addict
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hmm.. not entirely sure what you want to point out from that thread since It's dated quite a while ago.
One thing I can add about my experience when I translated the first C stage while beta testing it. Somehow ppsspp savestate carries the information from the previous ISO even though I load using an edited ISO that I made. If I attempt to save that game progress, I will end up crashing ppsspp. Otherwise, I can save and load without any problem. That applies to savestate too, assuming I use the the same ISO for both savestates. Not entirely sure about that BGM patch and I don't plan on modifying my gameplay any further than the dialogue itself once this project is done.

Okay... enough babbling from me. Gonna start my translation effort on D5. Got sidetracked a little in RL. lolz.

Yuu Ho

Author of Fighting Fantasy VII
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hmm.. not entirely sure what you want to point out from that thread since It's dated quite a while ago.
One thing I can add about my experience when I translated the first C stage while beta testing it. Somehow ppsspp savestate carries the information from the previous ISO even though I load using an edited ISO that I made. If I attempt to save that game progress, I will end up crashing ppsspp. Otherwise, I can save and load without any problem. That applies to savestate too, assuming I use the the same ISO for both savestates. Not entirely sure about that BGM patch and I don't plan on modifying my gameplay any further than the dialogue itself once this project is done.

Okay... enough babbling from me. Gonna start my translation effort on D5. Got sidetracked a little in RL. lolz.

I am starting crazy with the patch music version, it's incredibly awesome and I won't sleepy while playing and watching it. lol...

danikk

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Since about 0.9.9, the custom BGM function works with PPSSPP, and there is no need to use a patched ISO, all you need to do is to copy the music to the [ppsspp install dir]\memstick\MUSIC\OVERWORLD\ directory, and you can change any characters BGM in the BGM menu to whatever you want.

Yuu Ho

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Since about 0.9.9, the custom BGM function works with PPSSPP, and there is no need to use a patched ISO, all you need to do is to copy the music to the [ppsspp install dir]\memstick\MUSIC\OVERWORLD\ directory, and you can change any characters BGM in the BGM menu to whatever you want.

Convert your MP3 by using CDEX software might works 100%...

AdanK85

Game Addict
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Finished D5. Will consider doing two stages next week. No promise though since I ended up buying some nostalgic games from steam that I would like to play during my holiday :X.

Reactions: PiQue_MajorCooke

CleanSweep

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nowhere near 50%. If you break down the whole process into thirds, 1/3 would be file extraction, translating, and editing, 1/3 would be translation bug testing, and the final 1/3 would be pre-release stuff and other bug testing. We're still in the first third of the process, since there's plenty of stuff that still isn't translated and tons of missions haven't been edited because that's a bit more complex than a straight translation (plus there are technical limitations that shape the way we have to edit stuff).

Yuu Ho

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
We hope all the translators account still active... just don't leave this project...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: Good morning everyone