Homebrew SD filemanager???

mydarxide

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there an SD Card file manager app yet? That way I can add/remove cheats and apps without having to take the sd card to my PC?

mydarxide

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the quick reply. Short and sweet. 5 min before I read your reply I found it (SD Explorer.) Thanks for all your help you are a true asset to the scene.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Lmao - not sure if ur being sarcastic or not with that reply but that was a bit of an ass answer out of me - just want people to look for things with the search , so well done on finding it.

M31Supernova

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if ma lady has bad habit of leaving a cameras sd card in the computer systems off in another room and we're too lazy to go get it can we use the Sd Explorer via homebrew to drop the files to the Wii's card without getting off the couch? Is there a better/more efficient way of doing such like using a network capable pic ap?

Captin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You can use FTPii in the HBC to turn the Wii into an FTP server. Then login on your pc and send file to it over WiFi. that way you dont ever have to remove the SD card from the Wii.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Captin said:
You can use FTPii in the HBC to turn the Wii into an FTP server. Then login on your pc and send file to it over WiFi. that way you dont ever have to remove the SD card from the Wii.

does it work without wifi? i have my wii plugged directly into my router.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
works perfectly that is too damn cool. no more taking sd card out anymore for me
tongue.gif

M31Supernova

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any valid concerns of security when it comes to the wii's net connection or these HB servers? Years back it was rather easy to access systems you weren't supposed to if ya had the right backdoor type server runnin and probably about the same still these days isn't it?
unsure.gif

breakdaze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
M31Supernova said:
Any valid concerns of security when it comes to the wii's net connection or these HB servers? Years back it was rather easy to access systems you weren't supposed to if ya had the right backdoor type server runnin and probably about the same still these days isn't it?
unsure.gif

In the case of ftpii, you shouldn't let it be accessed by the internet. I think the main thing is securing your LAN, and keeping the ftp server only on in order to work with SD card files from other computers on your LAN. So, aside from wireless packet grabbing (and who cares really if people grab your homebrew out of the air), ensure you have a sturdy router/firewall with an excellent password and hopefully you'll be ok. As with anything, nothing is ever 100% secure, but I think most system scanners may find a wii sd card rather boring for an ftp site to p0wn.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night