Homebrew ScummVm on DS...

wohoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
yeah, i know there's lots of topics about ScummVM on the DS but i've tried to read them and get something out of it but i can't get the games to even run at all... what am i supposed to do? is there a step-by-step guide out there somewhere for dummies like me? or can anyone try to help me?
tongue.gif

i got a black DS Lite, (if that matters) M3 CF and flashme V.7

i got the 0.61 version (newest? got it yesterday from their page...)

here's what i need help with... i get the ScummVM thing to run on my DS but what am i supposed to do with the games to get them showing up in the ScummVM menu? i checked out the ScummVM page and i couldn't fix my problems after reading what it says there... i don't seem to get smarter ;P

but anyway... in the zip/rar file or whatever (scummvmds0-61) there is that file "builddata-a"... is that some kind of converter or anything? i don't get it...

btw, the game i've been trying to run is Monkey Island 1
wink.gif

please excuse me for being stupid, but i can't help it ;P

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
in the readme u can see u are supposed to zip in all ur games in a big zipfile

thx for mentioning it.. i'm going to try to fit in talkie of simon sorceror 2 on my ez4...
then again, saving didn't work on ez4s did it?

wohoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i've tried to make it to a big zip file (with the compression method "store") and then what? it's there i'm stuck.. i forgot to mention that i got the files in a big zipfile

wohoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
from their website:

"How to Get ScummVM DS Onto Your DS - With a GBA Flash Cart

* Download the binary release of ScummVM DS from this page. Unzip the archive into a folder.
* Store your game files into a zip file, making sure to choose the 'No compression' option. If you don't do this, it won't work. If you have more than one game, put them in different folders in the ZIP.
* Check to see whether the games you have are supported by build A or B, using the table of supported games below. You cannot mix games from builds A and B in the same Zip.
* Put the zip file into the directory with ScummVM DS, calling it 'scummdata-a.zip' or 'scummdata-b.zip', depending on which build you're using. Make sure the games will fit on your flash card. The total size off the games cannot exceed 30Mb because of the limitation of the GBA cart bus.
* Double click on the builddata-a.bat or builddata-b.bat as appropriate file to build your ROM image
* Using your GBA flash cartridge software, burn 'scummvm-a-widthdata.ds.gba' or 'scummvm-b-withdata.ds.gba' onto your flash cartridge.
* Boot your GBA using PassMe, FlashMe, or WiFiMe as appropriate
* Enjoy!"

i've been there but i'm still to stupid to get it....

my zipfile is 23.2 MB after fixing the soundfiles to what they say on http://scummvm.drunkencoders.com/

Format: WAV
Compression: IMA ADPCM
Samplerate: 22050 Hz
Channels: Mono
On the fly encoding: On

what is on the fly encoding? is it necessary? because i couldn't find any options for that while converting...

and when i click on the "builddata-a.bat" file with my zipfile with the name "builddata-a" it's becomming an 1.2x Mbyte file (scummvm-a-withdata.ds.gba) wich is a normal scummvm ds file just like the "scummvm-a.nds"/ "scummvm-a.ds.gba" and there i am...

edit: fixing stupid error...

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
from their website:

"How to Get ScummVM DS Onto Your DS - With a GBA Flash Cart

* Download the binary release of ScummVM DS from this page. Unzip the archive into a folder.
  * Store your game files into a zip file, making sure to choose the 'No compression' option. If you don't do this, it won't work. If you have more than one game, put them in different folders in the ZIP.
  * Check to see whether the games you have are supported by build A or B, using the table of supported games below. You cannot mix games from builds A and B in the same Zip.
  * Put the zip file into the directory with ScummVM DS, calling it 'scummdata-a.zip' or 'scummdata-b.zip', depending on which build you're using. Make sure the games will fit on your flash card. The total size off the games cannot exceed 30Mb because of the limitation of the GBA cart bus.
  * Double click on the builddata-a.bat or builddata-b.bat as appropriate file to build your ROM image
  * Using your GBA flash cartridge software, burn 'scummvm-a-widthdata.ds.gba' or 'scummvm-b-withdata.ds.gba' onto your flash cartridge.
  * Boot your GBA using PassMe, FlashMe, or WiFiMe as appropriate
  * Enjoy!"

i've been there but i'm still to stupid to get it....

my zipfile is 23.2 MB after fixing the soundfiles to what they say on http://scummvm.drunkencoders.com/

Format: WAV
Compression: IMA ADPCM
Samplerate: 22050 Hz
Channels: Mono
On the fly encoding: On

what is on the fly encoding? is it necessary? because i couldn't find any options for that while converting...

and when i click on the "builddata-a.bat" file with my zipfile with the name "builddata-a" it's becomming an 1.2x Mbyte file (scummvm-a-withdata.ds.gba) wich is a normal scummvm ds file just like the "scummvm-a.nds"/ "scummvm-a.ds.gba" and there i am...

edit: fixing stupid error...

m3 is not a gba flashcart... scroll down even further on the page

wohoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i know, i know.. but look what it says...

"How to Get ScummVM DS Onto Your DS - With an M3 or Supercard

Using the Supercard and M3, you will put your data anywhere on the CF card, as with the GBAMP V2.

I don't have either of these devices so I can't really be of help with the details, but there is a guide for booting the Supercard here.

and a guide for booting the M3 here.

If anyone would like to write a step-by-step guide and send it to me, I'd be very grateful!

For the supercard, you must use the .ds.gba version of ScummVM, but renamed (not converted) to .nds."

and when i click "here" up there i get to a m3 review and it doesn't say anything about scummvm?

wohoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
hunter i love you! i got it working! WOHOO! this round is on me!
grog.gif
tongue.gif

just one thing.... i get this scratchy sound that makes the sounds unhearable and it's so f*****g annoying ;P

does anyone know how i get rid of it?

edit: i get the game running fine without sound but when i add the soundfiles it gets that crispy machinegun sound that is 99 times higher than the other sound so i can only hear that it is sound beneath it... anyone got a solution?

SpikeRocks

Trophies
XP
Country
But i dosnt work for me
frown.gif
, i put all the files extracted from the .zip in afolder called Scumm, then i put the day of the tentacle game (not zipped) in a map called Tent, i start scummvm-a.nds and i select the folder tent and press choose, and ScummVM says it cant locate any games, i even tryed putting the game in a .zip and even tryed with builddata-a.bat, what am i doing wrong?

outphase

Custom title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
But i dosnt work for me
frown.gif
, i put all the files extracted from the .zip in afolder called Scumm, then i put the day of the tentacle game (not zipped) in a map called Tent, i start scummvm-a.nds and i select the folder tent and press choose, and ScummVM says it cant locate any games, i even tryed putting the game in a .zip and even tryed with builddata-a.bat, what am i doing wrong?

Which method are you trying to run? gba flashcart or m3/sc style?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol