Hacking Screwed up bad, please help! vWII cIOS screw up!

Jeremy Pettes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel like my situation is truly a lost one... I might consider selling this wii u on Craigslist or something for cheap and buying a whole new unit...

Dr.Hacknik

Ashley | Developer | Trans
Trophies
Website
dochacknik.keybase.pub
XP
Country
United States
The vWii Virtual NAND is somewhat like the original wii's NAND, altho the IOS architecture is a little different. So in other words installing a IOS for the Wii on vWii is very dangerous, but of course it will not brick or damage the Wii U OS (Cafe OS/Firmware). Altho resetting the Wii U will cause vWii to be completely wiped and reset. So try uninstalling all the cIOS's, and reinstalling the one's designed for vWii, not Wii!

Hope this Info helps in any way. :yaywii:

I feel like my situation is truly a lost one... I might consider selling this wii u on Craigslist or something for cheap and buying a whole new unit...
Bad idea, no body is going to buy a Wii U with a bad vWii Mode!

Jeremy Pettes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It should detect the boot.elf file no matter what. Try another SD card.

This sounds like hope but will it really work? Can you run me through this process, i'm afraid i may screw myself again. Can someone also confirm that this is also a possible viable solution.

Jeremy Pettes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The vWii Virtual NAND is somewhat like the original wii's NAND, altho the IOS architecture is a little different. So in other words installing a IOS for the Wii on vWii is very dangerous, but of course it will not brick or damage the Wii U OS (Cafe OS/Firmware). Altho resetting the Wii U will cause vWii to be completely wiped and reset. So try uninstalling all the cIOS's, and reinstalling the one's designed for vWii, not Wii!

Hope this Info helps in any way. :yaywii:

Bad idea, no body is going to buy a Wii U with a bad vWii Mode!

Well i mean i would advertise it only works with wii u games and would sell it for possibly around 100-150$.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
This sounds like hope but will it really work? Can you run me through this process, i'm afraid i may screw myself again. Can someone also confirm that this is also a possible viable solution.
It's not something I've ever tried before. You have a cIOS, which means you should be able to install custom channels. However, as you know from experience, a normal IOS doesn't work properly on a Wii U because of the new drivers. You can do SOME stuff with it though. What it comes down to is, can IOS249 (based on an IOS from a real Wii) run the installer properly.

If it works, this will be a whole new way to recover from a vWii semi-brick.

kender

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
How do you plan to install it?

SmashStack
Homebrew Launcher, not the hackmeinstaller
Using the Wad Manager

Or maybe a better way? I made a mistake to install the 6175 version, so the HBC is no longer working and can't install it with HackMeInstaller (hang on scam screen)
Others things to do after reinstalled the oringal IOS58?
THanks for reply

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
SmashStack
Homebrew Launcher, not the hackmeinstaller
Using the Wad Manager

Or maybe a better way? I made a mistake to install the 6175 version, so the HBC is no longer working and can't install it with HackMeInstaller (hang on scam screen)
Others things to do after reinstalled the oringal IOS58?
THanks for reply
You still shouldn't be able to install it, but check your inbox in a few minutes.

Jeremy Pettes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not something I've ever tried before. You have a cIOS, which means you should be able to install custom channels. However, as you know from experience, a normal IOS doesn't work properly on a Wii U because of the new drivers. You can do SOME stuff with it though. What it comes down to is, can IOS249 (based on an IOS from a real Wii) run the installer properly.

If it works, this will be a whole new way to recover from a vWii semi-brick.
I gave this a shot but it immediatly hung up on me.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
forgot to say... My WiiU is European (PAL) version.
Does it matter?
No. IOS's aren't region specific.
I gave this a shot but it immediatly hung up on me.
Do you mean you gave loading through WiiMod a shot? If so, do you mean it hung as soon as you selected the HBF?

Jeremy Pettes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. IOS's aren't region specific.

Do you mean you gave loading through WiiMod a shot? If so, do you mean it hung as soon as you selected the HBF?

Correct! there is actually an apploader inside WiiMod that allows me to run apps. I believe the problem lies with everything trying to run IOS58 and crashing due to it not being the proper IOS.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Correct! there is actually an apploader inside WiiMod that allows me to run apps. I believe the problem lies with everything trying to run IOS58 and crashing due to it not being the proper IOS.
No, it wasn't using IOS58. I tried to load IOS249 and run from there. Unfortunately, it seems because 249 was based on a Wii IOS it didn't work.

PS: I know there is an app loader, I was the one who told you to use it. ;)

Jeremy Pettes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, it wasn't using IOS58. I tried to load IOS249 and run from there. Unfortunately, it seems because 249 was based on a Wii IOS it didn't work.

PS: I know there is an app loader, I was the one who told you to use it. ;)

So i tried to launch WiiModLite from the app loader and it showed some glitchy crap on my screen and it went to the DSI error screen and said Reloading and sent me back to the wii menu.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Purple_Heart, fuck i'm feeling old too