Hacking Screwed up bad, please help! vWII cIOS screw up!

Jeremy Pettes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i went ahead and installed everything into the SD card as the guide suggests but for some strange reason the exploit still asks for a .elf file. Is there anyway to make a .elf so i can go like this. Exploit>WiiModLite>IOS

D

Deleted User

https://sites.google.com/site/completesg/how-to-use/wad-manager/YAWMM_EN.zip?attredirects=0&d=1

YAWMM. Works with WiiU and download has both .dol and elf

Try using 249-251 for IOS and pray they actaully are useful or are the correct versions. If you can manage to install 58 succesfully and get into HBC, run SysCheck HDE (http://www.hacksden.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=149)

Post a copy of your SysCheck so we can see what damage was done. (Don't delete those WADS you already have, put them somewhere safe in case they need to be removed)

Jeremy Pettes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like you installed the Wii IOS and Hermes.

What you'll need to is get either YAWMMM or another WAD manager in .elf or .dol (there are a few floating around or in that link you have). Load it up using whichever disc exploit you need. When it asks for an IOS load, you will have to try any of the remaining ones you have. (whether 249-251 are actually working is a mystery) If you get a ticket error, usually means the loaded IOS doesn't have the proper permissions.

If you can install IOS58 and get it working - best do a SysCheck and post here to see what other possible damage has been done.

As far as IOS58, check your PM.

Ok so i loaded up IOS 249 and it asked me the location where my stuff is and Wham it froze up. I tried loading from IOS 250 and got an error code :(

D

Deleted User

That's what I feared, you probably have WII CIOS installed. Bleh.

Try 236 if you have it, and anything else in the 200+ range. If none of those work, you'll just have to try them all. If you still have 236, you might be good.

Good luck!

Jeremy Pettes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's what I feared, you probably have WII CIOS installed. Bleh.

Try 236 if you have it, and anything else in the 200+ range. If none of those work, you'll just have to try them all. If you still have 236, you might be good.

Good luck!
I used 251 and it started!!!! Then hung at the "Loading SD Card, please wait...." FML :(

D

Deleted User

You can try, but shouldn't matter as once it enumerates the SD, you would see a list of folders. If it freezes, it's because the base for the CIOS was probably based on Wii CIOS. Try 236 if you have it.

could also try wiimodlite instead of YAWMM
http://www.sendspace.com/file/ilfk8s

Jeremy Pettes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can try, but shouldn't matter as once it enumerates the SD, you would see a list of folders. If it freezes, it's because the base for the CIOS was probably based on Wii CIOS. Try 236 if you have it.

Unfortunatly i do not have cIOS 236. The only one that works is the one that froze. 251

D

Deleted User

Try WiiModLite with 249-251 and see if any luck. If not, you may have to try from start to end and hope one of them has NAND access. If you can't get it to run with any of those you may be in trouble =(

Jeremy Pettes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try WiiModLite with 249-251 and see if any luck. If not, you may have to try from start to end and hope one of them has NAND access. If you can't get it to run with any of those you may be in trouble =(

I have Wii mod lite but that one doesnt come with a boot.elf and i looked everywhere for it.

D

Deleted User

May be wrong as I'm not near my unit. Can't you run .dol from the disc exploit (remove .elf first)

Jeremy Pettes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok this is for those who might know a solution so ill try my best to explain whats going on in hopes of someone viewing this by the time i wake tomorrow morning. I installed all of these.

Real Nand IOS/cIOS:
IOS58-64-v6176.wad
cIOS202[60]-hermesrodries-v6.wad
cIOS222[38]-hermes-v5.1.wad
cIOS223[57]-hermes-v5.1.wad
cIOS224[37]-hermes-v5.1.wad
cIOS245[37]-d2x-v10-beta53-alt.wad
cIOS246[38]-d2x-v10-beta53-alt.wad
cIOS247[53]-d2x-v10-beta53-alt.wad
cIOS248[55]-d2x-v10-beta53-alt.wad
cIOS249[56]-d2x-v10-beta52.wad
cIOS250[57]-d2x-v10-beta53-alt.wad
cIOS251[58]-d2x-v10-beta53-alt.wad
cIOS252[56]-d2x-v10-beta53-alt.wad

from top to bottom in that order. After hitting the bottom i attempted to exit back to the hombrew channel and boom the WiiU froze. I hard reset it by pulling the power cord out of the back and now the Homebrew channel as well as Wiiflow/Usbloader wont work at all.

This is what i tried thus far.

I booted Yet Another Mod Manager by directly running it from the exploit and tried installing a correct IOS 58 wad given to me by someone in this thread. When selecting 249 the installer hangs at searching for wads on sd card.
I also attempted on using a USB device but i get the same thing.

I was informed my cIOS wont allow Yet Another Wad Manager to work properly or something (sorry im a noob).

I looked into many different installers. Dopmii and Modiilite and neither of these wad managers offer boot.elf files needed by my exploit. (boot.dol) doesnt seem to work with return of the jodi.

I fear i really screwed up here and hopefully you guys dont slay me for messing around with my wii with very little knowledge of Homebrew. Is there somehow, some magical way i can get D2xcios installer to work via exploit?

Maybe i can install the correct cIOS to the proper slots and THEN install the Wad from the wad manager then start over again. How would i go about fixing this mess?

I must also add I am currently using a vWII (wii U)

Jeremy Pettes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update! I somehow got into the installation screen using one of the very older IOS's. I chose IOS 60 or something like that and it allowed me to select a WAD path. I chose to install the IOS58.Wad i was given but got a flat out error ticket message.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Update! I somehow got into the installation screen using one of the very older IOS's. I chose IOS 60 or something like that and it allowed me to select a WAD path. I chose to install the IOS58.Wad i was given but got a flat out error ticket message.
Which version of YAWM did you use? Try this one which is patched for vWii, it should work with the regular IOSes: https://sites.google.com/site/completesg/how-to-use/wad-manager/YAWMM_EN.zip?attredirects=0&d=1

Jeremy Pettes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which version of YAWM did you use? Try this one which is patched for vWii, it should work with the regular IOSes: https://sites.google.com/site/completesg/how-to-use/wad-manager/YAWMM_EN.zip?attredirects=0&d=1
This is actually the version of YAWM ive been using. :/ Fortunately ive gotten Wii Mod v3.2 and it has a .elf file so i can boot it up. It actually shows me my ios's and for some strange reason it says my IOS is Version 32,,,, im going to try to install the WAD from there.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
This is actually the version of YAWM ive been using. :/ Fortunately ive gotten Wii Mod v3.2 and it has a .elf file so i can boot it up. It actually shows me my ios's and for some strange reason it says my IOS is Version 32,,,, im going to try to install the WAD from there.
That won't work, it's too old to have vWii support.
You should be able to convert dol to elf using this: http://filetrip.net/wii-downloads/other-files/download-doltool-0-3-f1800.html
Use it from a command prompt like this: doltool -e boot.dol

Then you should be able to run IOS236 Installer vWii http://www.mediafire.com/download/4y7vebckurr2m9c/IOS236_Installer_MOD_v8_for_vWii_FIX94_dmm.zip and from then on you can use a WAD manager with IOS236 to do what you need (like installing a vWii IOS58)

Fixing such issues on vWii are a lot more convoluted than they would be on a regular Wii, so it may not work. It's possible the IOS236 installer needs to be run through HBC to work. But it's worth a shot at least.

Jeremy Pettes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That won't work, it's too old to have vWii support.
You should be able to convert dol to elf using this: http://filetrip.net/wii-downloads/other-files/download-doltool-0-3-f1800.html
Use it from a command prompt like this: doltool -e boot.dol

Then you should be able to run IOS236 Installer vWii http://www.mediafire.com/download/4y7vebckurr2m9c/IOS236_Installer_MOD_v8_for_vWii_FIX94_dmm.zip and from then on you can use a WAD manager with IOS236 to do what you need (like installing a vWii IOS58)

Fixing such issues on vWii are a lot more convoluted than they would be on a regular Wii, so it may not work. It's possible the IOS236 installer needs to be run through HBC to work. But it's worth a shot at least.

Please excuse me but im a major noob when it comes to command prompt/compiling files. I wouldn't even know how to use command prompt to convert these files. I thought the converter would be something simple :P can you walk me through it? Thanks! Also When i launch the exe file it opens command prompt and immediately closing it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: