Mucuna

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Seriously, does the touch screen really need a protector? If I don't use it it is like the screen will be full of scratches?

I'd like strong opinions, mostly from people that don't use it.
nyanya.gif

I just applied my last screen protector (I bought it with my NDSL) abd looks like shit (my bad, I belive) and I was wondering if would be wise considering buy new ones over the internet...

Thanks!

safariman72

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Whats cheaper to replace scratched touch screen (over here £30) or screen protectors (E-Bay £4 approx)?

I know what I'd rather pay
wink2.gif

Crass

Rock me Dr. Zaius
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
I put my scratch protector about 3 months ago, and from day one it had bubbles and was very noticeable when the power was off. However when your playing it is very hard to notice and now i dont even think about it anymore, so id suggest getting one. even if u cant apply it 100% perfect it is hard to detect.

-EX-

Racer
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I never play DS without screen protectors. It's a must. Bubbles won't appear if you clean your screen properly before applying the screen protectors. Hori screen protectors are the best. They cost around 6 bucks here.

Pochi

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
it is REAAAALLY needed if you play some "scratching" games like Ouendan, EBA, or even Trauma Center ( Too much stress stresses the screen...).
And don't hesitate to take a Hori Screen protector instead of any other low-cost protectors which scratches itself so quickly you'd soon have a white touch screen...

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a tiny scratch on my screen playing Starfox Command.
And I played it with such care as not to scratch the screen.

I then got Hori protectors and would never have a DS Lite without them.
The controls are a little stiff at first, but with some use become normal again quickly.

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There is absolutely no need for screen protectors.

You either need to:

a) invest in a quality stylus, such as the Battle Stylus available at PDA Panache (for both the regular and lite models);
b) be gentler on your screen;
c) don't push so hard!

I have two DS's that I use every single day, and not a scratch or mark on either of the screens. I do use a different stylus than the stock stylus, and that coupled with some general care will lead to a long life for your DS.

If you're absolutely going to get screen protectors no matter what, get the ones from HORI. They are amazing, easily removable and contain no sticky residue.

xnevergiveinx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i agree with Qrayzie, my ds doesn't have a scratch - however it is about 2 months old.

my girls ds is about 4 months old and her brother beats the hell out of it, it doesn't have any scratches and the hinges haven't cracked

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, there's absolutely no reason NOT to have a screen protector.

However, despite was Qrazie says, I was obsessively gentle with my screen and still managed to get a small scratch.

Also, accidents do happen and when they do, would you rather have no protection?

It's kind of silly not to have protector, as it doesn't affect controls and you don't notice them once they are on.

Mucuna

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Also, accidents do happen and when they do, would you rather have no protection?

Sure, or the girl can get pregnant, right?

rolleyes.gif

Seriously, I can see here people that didn't/don't use the screen thing and scratched as that didn't scratched.

It remains a mystery of the Universe...
ph34r.gif

ugly_rose

Trophies
XP
Country
I am very happy with my screen protectors from HORI. I had them back in the day on my DS phat (no scratches) and I immediately put them on my DS lite as soon as I had bought it. I can't recommend them enough!
wink.gif

xnevergiveinx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
with the rate that i'm going, getting a screen protector is a waste of money. i'm on my 2nd ds in 4 months
had to send it in 2 times already - got a remanufactured for having a bad R buttons
the hinge cracked on that and it had to be replaced, for some reason they also replaced the bottom screen

and i'm very careful with my ds, just seems like bad luck

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)