Screen Protector

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by ShadowNeko003, Dec 26, 2012.

Dec 26, 2012

Screen Protector by ShadowNeko003 at 6:02 AM (603 Views / 0 Likes) 13 Comments

ShadowNeko003 ~Nyah~

Message Count:
    United States
    So I'm looking for a 3DS screen protector. I'm going for a Hori brand (works great for my DSlite), but there's like 3 different ones? Like a Pitahari?
    Last edited by ShadowNeko003, Dec 26, 2012
    • Newcomer

Edsonkye New Member

Message Count:
    Australia

ShadowNeko003 ~Nyah~

Message Count:
    United States
    Thanks. But I'm only looking for a Hori brand protector as they are good quality. I'm just a bit confuse on which one would be the best yet is still cheap. The Hori I have for my DS Lite was only $5 and is still serving me well.
    • Newcomer

beatsell New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    • Newcomer

Keo-Spin1080 New Member

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    Yeah beatsell ones are the same as the ones I got.

They are AMAZING quality. I use HORI for my psp, vita , ds fat/lite etc and they're still going strong on 1 purchase. Definitely worth the extra $$$.

As for the different colours like red/blue/black packaging if my memory recalls:

Red: original no frills version
    Blue: sunlight anti-glare version
    Black:Radiation reducer version

I think thats right, dunno's but I don't think theres much discrepancy between the three tbh. Get whichevers cheapest :)
    • Banned

retrodoctor Banned!

Message Count:
    United States
    Hori is the best. Thread over.

ShadowNeko003 ~Nyah~

Message Count:
    United States

Thanks!

One last question, is there any different with this Zero Air Pitahari?
    • Newcomer

Keo-Spin1080 New Member

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    Hiya,

Sorry bout late reply. That one is basically the same thing as the dearer WOW! screen protectors. It probably doesn't have all that marketing JAZZ like Anti-glare / PET coating etc.

You'll save cash buying the zero air and tbh the 3ds xl screens were re-engineered to be naturally anti-glare anyways. From 12% on the original 3ds to around 2-3% on the xl.

It'll do the same job so don't worry about all the different versions. Just make sure to follow these steps for top & bottom screens:

1. Align screen protector. Triple check it is perfectly placed. Then use cellotape to temporarily secure it to your 3ds on one side of touch screen depending on handness ( leftie or rightie)

2. Give contact side of screen protector & screen a good wipe with supplied cloth (although an anti static glasses cloth would be preferable here) you can also wrap a piece of cellotape around your index finger to gently dab at the screen to pick up stray dust particles.

3. Triple check everything is perfecftly placed and dust/hair free before you peel the no 1 tab to secure it to your 3ds screen. Mistakes are hard to rectify once you lay the protector down fully. Once done peel off no 2 tab to finish it up.

I find it best to do it in the bathroom as its the least dustiest room in the house plus if you have a shower first to steam up the room. The steam collects up the excess dust and the bathroom fan then extracts it all leaving a close as can be dust-free room.

Youtube vid tutorial:
    Last edited by Keo-Spin1080, Dec 28, 2012. Reason: added youtube tutorial

xwatchmanx GBAtemp's Maverick Hunter

Message Count:
    United States
    I just got my second Hori screen protector for my 3DS XL today (I screwed up the first one because I completely fumbled with the instructions and didn't apply it correctly), and I love it. The thing works great.

As for which one to get (for original or XL), my experience says that the "Amazon fulfilled" ones are the latest versions.
    • Newcomer

qweesy777 New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Last edited by qweesy777, Jan 18, 2013

Eerpow *swoosh*

Message Count:
    Sweden
    That's fishy as hell^
    You can't make the 3D "stand out better" with just a plastic film on top, period.
    xwatchmanx likes this.
    • Newcomer

qweesy777 New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    ^^
    try them they do

Eerpow *swoosh*

Message Count:
    Sweden
    It can't make the image clearer, it can be clear alright but not clearer than a screen without anything on it. The video just says crystal clear. The output image can't be altered, you can't make a 3D image more 3D without altering the in game rendering process like the slider can adjust, that's just how stereoscopy works.
    • Newcomer

qweesy777 New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    well try it for 8 pound