Scratches on screen, even after being so careful.

Discussion in 'Switch - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Meteor7, Mar 20, 2017.

Mar 20, 2017
  1. Meteor7
    OP

Member Meteor7 Guess where this thumb goes.

United States
    Alright, enough people are mentioning this, so I'll say that I did buy a screen protector day one with the Switch. THIS screen protector. From the reviews, you can probably guess that this was an absolute disaster, and I ordered a tempered glass one that same day.

That aside, I really was so careful with my system that only subpar manufacturing could be the true subject worthy of blame, but I guess it really is just my word for proof. Neither my Vita nor my PSP needed a screen protector, and they've both seen much longer and much more vigorous use.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Nope. Even with the screen off and knowing where to look for them, they're still hard to see.

Last edited by Meteor7, Mar 20, 2017 - Reason: Bad grammar is bad.

2. The Real Jdbye

Member The Real Jdbye Oh boy! I can't wait to bomb some dodongos!

Norway
    I have a tempered glass screen protector on my Note 3, not even Gorilla Glass, and the protector is still in pristine condition after 2-3 years of being put in various pockets and even put together with my keys numerous times by accident. It takes quite a lot to scratch a glass screen, it would have been a much better choice for the Switch.
    True they have never used glass screens before but there wasn't really a need for it with the clamshell design their more recent handhelds have had.
    I have the same screen protector (it came with the accessories pack I got)
    No issues so far with the screen protector itself, however the cleaning cloth left red lint all over the screen as I was trying to clean the screen before applying the protector itself.
    Also I managed to get a speck of dust on the center of the screen protector when I took it off to adjust the positioning and several attempts at removing the speck with tape all failed so I gave up on it, that's my own fault though and has nothing to do with the screen protector. I'm going to get a glass screen protector soon anyway, this is just a temporary one since it was all I could get my hands on the day I got the Switch.

However I can see why people complain about the size, it was really hard to get it placed exactly right so that it wouldn't overlap the edges of the screen but once it's on properly you can't even tell it's there (well minus that speck of dust), the fit is so perfect, which I actually rather like.
    Screen protectors always take some effort to get on right but there is absolutely no margin for error on this particular one. That's not necessarily a bad thing though as it makes for a seamless fit.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye, Mar 20, 2017
  3. ktomi96

Newcomer ktomi96 Member

Hungary
    I was worried when i heard about the dock scratching issue.After i week of the relese i bought a screen protector. I didnt had any problem even though i brought switch to school every day.

4. the_randomizer

Member the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

United States
    You can't get a refund and get the AmFilm protector instead?

5. Meteor7
    OP

United States
    I did get a refund, but that brand was the only one I found in the GameStop in which I bought the Switch, so I had to go online and wait for shipping.

6. WiiUBricker

Member WiiUBricker Insert Custom Title

Argentina
    Then what's the problem? Heck, I have a screen protector applied but I failed to apply it properly and there are a few bubbles, but they aren't visible when the screen is turned on.

7. Meteor7
    OP

United States
    The problem is that, with the way I've been babying the system, it should be pristine. Seriously, I've done everything short of swaddling it in bedclothes and a diaper.

8. missinsummer

Newcomer missinsummer Advanced Member

Australia
    usb C male to female solved my problem