#SchoolDidn'tBanTheSite

D

Deleted User

My school uses OPENHIVE internet security. Unfortunately, They blocked both this site AND proxy anonymisers... rage. :P

They also block Windows Explorer access to the C:/ partition, so I can't actually delete the program by just going into File Explorer. As students, we're forced to use the R:/ and Z:/ partitions. There's also a partition for staff only!

Fortunately, though, my school has Python 3.4 installed, so I can probably delete OPENHIVE using Python by writing some code to knock out the restrictions, then intercept the main system partition (somehow) for full control!
Or, I could just delete it off their servers. :creep:

Then again, I'll probably get kicked out of my school for hacking attempts... *sigh*

Last edited by ,
Reactions: Voxel

boomario

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The solution i found to access blocked webpages on my college was use Opera browser and enable "Opera turbo" which is some kind of VPN that's normally not blocked.

Last edited by boomario,

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
My school didn't block the Temp, actually they didn't block that many sites since the system admin was a joke. Seriously, he made the admin account for the entire network, "Admin" and the password was just his full name.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My school didn't block the Temp, actually they didn't block that many sites since the system admin was a joke. Seriously, he made the admin account for the entire network, "Admin" and the password was just his full name.
Mine was even worse. the student directories (where students would save their homework) were shared over SMB (or Windows sharing nonsense, whatever it's called on there). They would access them via shortcuts that are account specific. Anyone wanting to access another person's directory just had navigate to the "Network Places". No passcode protection (Windows XP days) or anything.

Reactions: Deleted User

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Mine was even worse. the student directories (where students would save their homework) were shared over SMB (or Windows sharing nonsense, whatever it's called on there). They would access them via shortcuts that are account specific. Anyone wanting to access another person's directory just had navigate to the "Network Places". No passcode protection (Windows XP days) or anything.
Mine was close to that bad, where was some security, but was easily broken with a Linux LiveUSB. Just boot into Linux and boom, whole network was open.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mine was close to that bad, where was some security, but was easily broken with a Linux LiveUSB. Just boot into Linux and boom, whole network was open.
Mine, you could literally just use Window's own explorer. I seem to remember them installing some program that tried to block access to certain things, but just pressing ctrl+shift+escape before it started up on login easily allowed you to get around it by killing it with the task manager.

Reactions: The Catboy

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Mine, you could literally just use Window's own explorer. I seem to remember them installing some program that tried to block access to certain things, but just pressing ctrl+shift+escape before it started up on login easily allowed you to get around it by killing it with the task manager.
School, basically teaching everyone how easy it is to fuck the system.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: