Hardware scared of ips/tn debacle

kofman13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
About to get a New3DS but im scared to get a TN panel. Is the difference that huge? In comparison videos on youtube the only bad thing i notice about TN is when watching from big diagonal angles which I would never do. the blacks are richer on camera.. but in person is TN that bad? i dont want to go through the hassle of getting bad display and having to keep exchanging. i read about some people who couldnt exchange for a different one at gamestop for instance because people who worked there said its not a defect it works fine.

iAqua

Trophies
Country
United Kingdom
Don't worry. Honestly, it's such a minuscule difference. I myself own a TN and a IPS, but the difference is hardly anything unless you're playing from under a desk while a monkey rides on your back.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
It's barely noticeable. I've got 'the good one' and I barely noticed a different between that and my old N3DS that bricked which had the 'bad screen'.
Quite literally the only advantage of it is gloating you have the apparently glorious screen.

Honestly, don't worry about it.
Definitely more than barely noticeable.

My TN panels on my Non XL n3ds are washed out and white compared to the ips panels in my N3DS xl.

Last edited by Kioku,

invaderyoyo

invader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm gonna have to disagree with the above posters. It's definitely noticeable to me, specifically when dark colors are being displayed.
It isn't a big difference and honestly I don't think I would've ever noticed if I didn't look for it, but it's there.

Last edited by invaderyoyo,
Reactions: Kioku

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
It's really not. You have to hold the system at an angle to tell for sure which shows you just how unnoticeable it is.
Then I have some bad screens. Looking straight on its a pretty good difference.

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have them both here N3DS XL (TN vs IPS) and it is not a real difference. You just notice it when you invite your family to play next to you with at least 7 persons *lolZ*.
so in real life it is just a benchmark. although the "super stable 3D shit" is a bit more stable on the IPS display.
the slower response times are also only measurable.

so don't worry about it.

Deleted member 333767

Trophies
XP
It's uneccisary paranoia. I've got 20-20 vision and i can't tell the difference between the IPS top and TN bottom panels unless i hold the 3DS at angles that are impractical for actually playing the damn thing.

Don't buy into it, and don't feel jealous and left out because of the ***supposed*** IPS top and bottom crew bragging. Its a sham.

Reactions: Deleted User

Dennis G

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's really not. You have to hold the system at an angle to tell for sure which shows you just how unnoticeable it is.
not true, my n3ds has less saturation then my n3ds xl which has ips, it's not just the side angle and terrible black, but color depth ain't the same too

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: butthurt aren't ya? can't stand the truth