Hacking SC DSTwo Freeze

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been experiencing a freeze issue when opening menu in both CATSFC and NDSGBA emulators. Not sure what is causing it or know a fix for it. Anyone else experience this and/or know a fix? Thoughts/help GREATLY appreciated :)

helltoast

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by helltoast,

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

helltoast

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the info and file links :)
How do I install them?

the EOS (1st link) is the kernel, just download it and extract the _dstwo folder to the root of your microSD. as for the 2nd link, the firmware, download it and extract the dstwoupdate.dat file to the root of your microSD as well, boot your DSTWO and it'll automatically prompt you to update.

make sure the power is connected so you don't run out of battery halfway through. shut it down after it's done, delete the dstwoupdate.dat file and give it a go.

Last edited by helltoast,

helltoast

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, thanks :)
Is my freezing issue a known issue? Also, would this fix it (The EOS and FW Update)?

yes, it is. it's a known issue with the last batch of DSTWO carts. the 1.14 EOS and 1.25 firmware were released specifically to address this issue.

if it doesn't fix yours then it could be an isolated problem or worse, a defective cart.

helltoast

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
like I said, other than a configuration mishap (are you using the latest NDSGBA/CATSFC?), it could be an isolated problem or a defective cart.

you should try the DSTWO forums, maybe email the team and hope for a reply.

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
like I said, other than a configuration mishap (are you using the latest NDSGBA/CATSFC?), it could be an isolated problem or a defective cart.

you should try the DSTWO forums, maybe email the team and hope for a reply.

I have already tried the DSTwo forums, but how do I email the team? What is their e-mail address?

Also, is there a way to reset SC DSTwo to factory settings/firmware or anything? My mSD card is in FAT32, is that correct?

Last edited by Skeet1983,

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am still having issue and tried everything I can think of. Is there a way to do a clean/fresh reinstall of DS Two OS/Firmware? Thoughts/help greatly appreciated :)

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: With uremum