Hacking SC DSTwo Freeze Problem...

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sometimes, my system will freeze when I open the menu in some of my DSTwo Emulators (NDSGBA, CATSFC, etc). I am not sure what is causing it... Anyone have this happen to them also and or know a fix? Could it be a problem with my mSD card? Thoughts/help Greatly appreciated :)

Codename PUMA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
At this point it's probably just a problem with the actual card. If it's happening on every emulator IDK what else to assume. Have you tried just formatting it and erasing everything on it to start again? As in, treat the card as if it's new?

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Have you tried cleaning the contacts on the DSTwo, blowing into the cart slot (with a very dry breath), or replacing the emulator files with fresh ones?

Codename PUMA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If this is still happening and you've tried everything I would sadly have to assume it's the card. I'm no expert in the card's tech, but I'm an expert in paranoia.

Codename PUMA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm gonna give the Genesis emu a go soon, I just started holidays.
Tried just now. Runs all right from the couple games I tried but the screen positioning can be really annoying. From what I gather they needed to not fit the whole screen in the get the game to run right so you have to use L and R to move the camera horizontally to see things. I might not play platformers or beat 'em ups on it but RPGs shouldn't be a bother.

Also, if you find .md files, change them to something else (I did .bin) otherwise they won't show up in the folder.

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Freeze still happening in SNES and GBA Emulators when sometimes opening emulator menu... is this a known issue? Not sure what to do/how to proceed...

Update: Tried different versions of NDSSFC and latest CATSFC (1.36.1). Freeze still happens, even with latest EOS also. Am getting frustrated and not sure what else to do/try... :(

Last edited by Skeet1983,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm good. Thanks.