ArviDroid

Infamous GBAtemper
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hi.
About 4 months ago I bricked my O3DS while attempting to downgrade. The only thing I can do is access the recovery mode where I can´t update. When booting my 3DS the only thing I´m greeted with is a black screen. I have deleted everything on the SD card and have no backups.
I now have a new O3DS with Luma and all of that. I have a backup for this 3DS though. Is there any way I can use this backup on my previous 3DS? Like can I somehow access luma (which I´m pretty sure I had) and decrypt9 to use my backup? If I add some files to an SD card or something? Please don´t lash at me, I´m a N00B. Thanks in advance.

Virdoo

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Have you tried to start console without SD card? Since you can access recovery mode, there could be a way to fix it. But I'm not quiet sure about it.

ArviDroid

Infamous GBAtemper
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Have you tried to start console without SD card? Since you can access recovery mode, there could be a way to fix it. But I'm not quiet sure about it.
Yes I have tried that. My 3DS screen will still be black and the update will still fail.

Virdoo

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Ummm I guess I saw somewhere video about it. I believe there is a chance to recover it, but don't get too excited now. I'm not 100% sure.

Reactions: ArviDroid

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you think you have access to luma, add all the files that you need for that step on Plailect's guide where you're doing the 2.1 stuff, and try and hold down start and see if you can get anywhere. Essentially, just trying to access Hourglass9 to restore your backed up firmware that you said you have.

Last edited by osaka35,

ArviDroid

Infamous GBAtemper
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
If you think you have access to luma, add all the files that you need for that step on Plailect's guide where you're doing the 2.1 stuff, and try and hold down start and see if you can get anywhere.
So I´m supposed to use ALL the files used prior to the stage where I bricked?

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I´m supposed to use ALL the files used prior to the stage where I bricked?
Well, just the files needed at the point. Or you could start out plopping Hourglass9 on there and seeing if you can access it. But really, if you can access luma, you'll need to follow part 3 and just see. I know it's a bit of work, but hey, maybe it'll help you recover your 3ds so why not try

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-3-(arm9loaderhax)

ArviDroid

Infamous GBAtemper
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Well, just the files needed at the point. Or you could start out plopping Hourglass9 on there and seeing if you can access it. But really, if you can access luma, you'll need to follow part 3 and just see. I know it's a bit of work, but hey, maybe it'll help you recover your 3ds so why not try

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-3-(arm9loaderhax)
Well I´ll give it a shot. Wish me luck (and thank you)!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Well I´ll give it a shot. Wish me luck (and thank you)![
I used an old guide. I´m sure of it. Plailects guide said to downgrade to 9.2 then 2.1. That´s were I bricked. But should I just try decrypt9 (EDIT: hourglass9?) to start with? Sorry for being so persistent.

Last edited by ArviDroid,

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

so you bricked downgrading to 9.2? or from 9.2 to 2.1?

Well, worse comes to worse, you might be able to update to 11.1. I forget the key combination to force an update though.

ArviDroid

Infamous GBAtemper
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
BIG "NEWS"! Turns out my SD card wasn´t empty. It looks like this:
3ds
DCIM
Nintendo 3DS
boot.3dsx
ropbinpayload_menuhax_EUR23554_old3ds
screenshots_raw
webkithax_tmp
So how can I save it now then?

so you bricked downgrading to 9.2? or from 9.2 to 2.1?

Well, worse comes to worse, you might be able to update to 11.1. I forget the key combination to force an update though.
Recovery mode can´t update. I bricked from 9.2 to 2.1.

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BIG "NEWS"! Turns out my SD card wasn´t empty. It looks like this:
3ds
DCIM
Nintendo 3DS
boot.3dsx
ropbinpayload_menuhax_EUR23554_old3ds
screenshots_raw
webkithax_tmp
So how can I save it now then?

Recovery mode can´t update. I bricked from 9.2 to 2.1.
hmm...can you describe how the brick happened? What were the actions that led up to the brick? Was it put in sleep mode, was there an error, were you able to install Luma at all? etc

ArviDroid

Infamous GBAtemper
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
hmm...can you describe how the brick happened? What were the actions that led up to the brick? Was it put in sleep mode, was there an error, were you able to install Luma at all? etc
I failed to downgrade to 2.1 since I did it on SysNAND (the wrong NAND) so it bricked.

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I failed to downgrade to 2.1 since I did it on SysNAND (the wrong NAND) so it bricked.
I'm not familiar with the old guide. If someone else is, they'll be able to help.

But since you never successfully made it to 2.1, and it was during the flashing process that your 3ds bricked, and the manual update doesn't work for you, I'm not sure. If removing the sd card, or having an sd card inserted have no obvious change in behaviour of the 3ds, then that manual update is really the only thing you could do. I'm guessing you didn't have proper wifi settings or whatnot for the o3ds? That's what the manual update will use, whatever your last wifi settings were.

Obviously a hard mod would work, but I'm not sure what else.

ArviDroid

Infamous GBAtemper
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I'm not familiar with the old guide. If someone else is, they'll be able to help.

But since you never successfully made it to 2.1, and it was during the flashing process that your 3ds bricked, and the manual update doesn't work for you, I'm not sure. If removing the sd card, or having an sd card inserted have no obvious change in behaviour of the 3ds, then that manual update is really the only thing you could do. I'm guessing you didn't have proper wifi settings or whatnot for the o3ds? That's what the manual update will use, whatever your last wifi settings were.

Obviously a hard mod would work, but I'm not sure what else.
Well I had no hopes of saving my 3DS anyway. Thank you for all of your help! My 3DS bricked CONFIRMED.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr