Gaming Saving issue on Revo K101 had been solved by new firmware!

ruilong

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People who bought the Revo K101 Can test this new firmware and post your issues here. We will keep following this thread. Thanks.

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
That's all very good, but what about the hissing sound when the brightness is not all the way up and the charging issue where you cannot have the device plugged in without it going crazy.

Aaah, now I remember what was deterring me from getting the K101 Revo. As cool as the device seems, strange stuff like this just makes me uneasy!

... Aw, hell, I might still get it. I'm the worst! :P

RyanRDLPS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I almost fell off my seat, and had to re-read the headline. New firmware for the Revo! Thank you so much ruilong, and max! I thought this project had been abandoned! I'm a huge fan of this device, and am thrilled
to hear it hasn't been forgotten! I'll be sure to test, and I'm very grateful!

maxzhou88

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
hi.baidu.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
GBC Game save:

GBC emu automaticly takes care of games which use 8kByte SRAM and games which use 32kByte SRAM must be saved by returning to the emu menu with L+R, then returning to game with L+R.

ruilong

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I almost fell off my seat, and had to re-read the headline. New firmware for the Revo! Thank you so much ruilong, and max! I thought this project had been abandoned! I'm a huge fan of this device, and am thrilled
to hear it hasn't been forgotten! I'll be sure to test, and I'm very grateful!
Glad to hear that this updated firmware works! We are not abandon this project but still working hard to improve this device. We are now considering to release the other colors version Revo K101. But we need to test how many people are interesting in it. Tell us what you think if you can. Thanks.

RyanRDLPS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Absolutely! I would be glad to offer some ideas.

1) Not sure if it's possible via firmware/software but is there any way to create a 1:1 aspect ratio for the GBA utilizing the high-res screen? That way some text in certain titles won't look "pinched' or "squashed".

2) Small graphical errors exist from title to title. The more noticeable one is in Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario World. The courses that are supposed to have a blue sky are colored black instead. It seems to be a small error in the layers of
the image.

Here are more graphical/software bugs:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/revo-k101-problems.352396/
http://gbatemp.net/threads/k1-gba-sp-software-problems.332126/

Now that the saving issue is fixed (I thoroughly tested it on about 300 ROMS over the last few days). I'm not sure what other improvements there could be.
I'm a huge fan/supporter! My serial number is 0049 in fact! First 50 of the batch! Whoo!

I've included a couple pics of my unit! Love me some ZELDA!
Take care, and looking forward to progress!

kuXZ2oX.jpg
EY9uSyy.jpg

spinoman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
By the way, please note that we have enough stock for Revo K101 now. You can buy it and we will ship out your order in time.

hi, i've pre-ordered my k101 on 16 november 2012, with the free-shipping offer and payment in advance. my order is number #133 and is still pending. could you control if something went wrong and if there is a solution? thanks, andrea.

crystalmage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Glad to hear that this updated firmware works! We are not abandon this project but still working hard to improve this device. We are now considering to release the other colors version Revo K101. But we need to test how many people are interesting in it. Tell us what you think if you can. Thanks.

Would you consider releasing a version with the revo k101 internals in the old GBA sp shell? If the build issues could be worked out I think this would be a good idea.

ruilong

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi, i've pre-ordered my k101 on 16 november 2012, with the free-shipping offer and payment in advance. my order is number #133 and is still pending. could you control if something went wrong and if there is a solution? thanks, andrea.
Hello, we just sent you the email concerning your issue. Kindly check the email. Thanks.

KingBlank

King of Nothing
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
With the new firmware I lost my save on mega man battle network 3 blue (actual cartridge not k101 flashcart) after rebooting the K101 about 20 times (because I was reloading my save doing zenny gambling)
It is possible my Megaman battle network 3 is bootleg but its not likely because It had a save from 2006 still on it after booting it up for the first time many years later.
I've not lost any saves with the flashcart since the update however.

EDIT: Did some research and testing, my cartridge is legit.

Also, I would like to know what link cable works properly with the K101.
I tried using a old (possibly damaged) Nintendo 4 way link cable with a friend (also using a K101) but our connection kept dropping; this also happened with real cartridges, Using a cheap 2 way link from china we had similar results.
any recommendations on what link cable to use for a stable connection?

ruilong

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the new firmware I lost my save on mega man battle network 3 blue (actual cartridge not k101 flashcart) after rebooting the K101 about 20 times (because I was reloading my save doing zenny gambling)
It is possible my Megaman battle network 3 is bootleg but its not likely because It had a save from 2006 still on it after booting it up for the first time many years later.
I've not lost any saves with the flashcart since the update however.

EDIT: Did some research and testing, my cartridge is legit.

Also, I would like to know what link cable works properly with the K101.
I tried using a old (possibly damaged) Nintendo 4 way link cable with a friend (also using a K101) but our connection kept dropping; this also happened with real cartridges, Using a cheap 2 way link from china we had similar results.
any recommendations on what link cable to use for a stable connection?

Try this link cable: http://www.k1gbasp.com/player-multi-link-cable-for-revo-k101-p-34.html

Rammserker

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Hi. I was pretty happy with my Revo K101, until I got the same trouble seen in this video:
Is there some solution to this problem? I tried to turn it on several times and nothing happens :(

WhoRuJudge

No, Who Are You?
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mine did that when the battery ran completely dry. After trial and error, this is how I got mine to turn back on.

I plugged a power cable to it through usb on my computer.
Then I used a small push pin to hit the reset button located next to the headphone jack.
After that the unit would power briefly, but not load the firmware. You would see the Gameboy logo without the Nintendo under it, as if a cart was not inserted.

I left it on usb power for 10min then hit the reset button again.
Unit powered on and loaded firmware. Unit powers on and off normally now.
I am leaving it to charge through usb at the moment.

A/C adapter seems to be unable to charge my unit at the moment.

Rammserker

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Thanks man! My Revo was brought back to life after that! Right now I can't turn it on without using the combination of reset and power on button, but is a begining. Will try to see if I can make it work without the rest button. Again, thank you! You're my hero :)

WhoRuJudge

No, Who Are You?
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are welcome. Glad to help. you have to keep it on the charger and power+reset it until it can boot the k1 firmware, then it should be able to charge and power on & off normally.

::Edit::

Anyone know how to add cheats to cht files?
mainly what format they are in and a way to convert codebreaker codes to said format?

I opened the files in an editor, but the codes do not seem to be in any regularly used cheat format.

go-vegan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
guys HELP!
my REVO wont turn on no matter how long i press power button,
so far i tried: reset button with and without charger plugged, power + reset together, removed battery and put it back on, nothing worked.
yesterday worked fine, today i put it on charger for a few hours and when i get back, it wont turn on :ohnoes:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free