Gaming Saving issue on Revo K101 had been solved by new firmware!

ruilong

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for this delay. During the pass years, we are so busy. But finally we had got the updated firmware for Revo K101. This firmware is for solving the saving issue while turning off the device and the sav file lost.

You guys can download this new firmware here:

www.k1gbasp.com/download/revo-k101-fw-fix-sav.zip

Please read the file- "readme " if you do not know how to update the firmware. Again, we repeat the steps on how to flash your device- the words in red color are translated by us. It is easy to do that.

PS: One tips for keeping the sav file well: Press the Power OFF button for 1-2 seconds- do not let go of your hands till the Green LED indicator off. This will give the TF card enough time to save the files. In this way, you will not lose the save files.

固件刷机升级方法:(How to flash the console)

[1] 下载刷机固件文件 K_FW.bin 到 TF/MacroSD 卡的根目录,将TF卡插进K-Card

Dowload the firmware file- K_FW.bin. Install this file to the root direction of your TF/MacroSD card. Insert the TF card into the K-card.

[2] 按住 SELECT 键开机,将出现如下提示:

(Press both the button- "Select" and "Turn on" at the same time. And the below information will be showed:)

New firmware loaded.
B: Abort & test firmware
START: Update firmware to SPI

[3] 按 START 键就开始刷机,固件被写进主板中的SPI-Flash芯片中,提示如下:
(Press the button" Start " and the you are in the process of flashing the device. The below information will be showed: )

Updating SPI...
K_FW.BIN

[4] OK后,关掉电源重新开机就完成固件升级

Updating SPI...
K_FW.BIN OK

Please turn off the power.

Reactions: thaddius

maxzhou88

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
hi.baidu.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
Reve-K101 Firmware Update -- Instructions (maxzhou88's Game Players version)

1. Download the firmware update file "K_FW.bin"
2. Copy "K_FW.bin" to your TF card and be sure to put the file under root directory
3. Keep pressing and holding the SELECT button and switch on your device's Power switch
4. You will see the following message shown on the screen:

New firmware loaded.
B: Abort & test firmware
START: Update firmware to SPI

5. Press "START" button to update Or Press "B" button to quit and test the new firmware

6. If you choose "START", you will see the following message:

Updating SPI...
K_FW.BIN

7. When finished, please switch off and then power on your device again.
8. Everything should be done now.
(9. If something wrong, repeat the update procedure again.)

NOTE:

1. The new firmware update procedure is now brick-proof.
That is to say you can re-flash your device following above procedure again once you encounter some problem
(Say low battery or turn off the device when updating.) You can also go back to older version if you want.

2. This update is only valid for Maxzhou88's K1 device. Please check your PID on the HELP page of main page:
(Using L/R to navigate to pages on main screen)
Make sure you see the correct PID : 00620601

-------------- Machine Info --------------
PID 00620601 : Revo K101 <-- Maxzhou88's version, upgradable! (maxzhou88's Game Players version)
PSN 140422 : Firmware version (date code)

thaddius

Charmander is not pleased.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Also plays original GBA games and can use the game link function. Plus USB mini charging is convenient.

Not bad for $60. That used to be what a low end flash cart cost.

ruilong

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, Maxzhou88 and other technical men had worked for a long time to "copy" the issues on saving. Finally they solved the problem on using several days and nights. We really appreciated with their hard work.

By the way, please note that we have enough stock for Revo K101 now. You can buy it and we will ship out your order in time.

Do get back to us if you need any more help. We are back here and will keep following your issues.:lol:

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
The revo has a RTC though

Which is useful for 5 or so games? Most of which have patches which allow you to manually adjust the clock for in-game events.

Also plays original GBA games and can use the game link function. Plus USB mini charging is convenient.

there are reported issues between 3rd party link cables. just FYI. white testing for the review i had a few carts that just refused to work. i chalked it up to worn shells, but those same carts worked perfectly in an official nintendo product. i'm just trying to be discouraging, i just wanted to point out some things that came up during testing.

If you want to play games like those, the dstwo and psp can already run those perfectly.

the difference here is that the revo isn't running games via software. it isn't emulation. it uses a SOC that should, theoretically, run games at 100%. however, testing shows that it does not. some homebrew continues to fail to run. some games have graphical issues, sound issues, etc. the revo has more potential than psp emulation which is long forgotten. nebuleon's ds2 emu should still be maintained, but it does appear that more focus has been put on the gcw emu ports.

-another world

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I was still holding out for a new model that went back to the SP form factor, but also fixed things like RTC and buttons being sticky.
Now that I think about it, my hands are pretty cramped on an SP now. With the save fixes, I may give this a shot!
...as soon as I stop being broke.

Aktag

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's all very good, but what about the hissing sound when the brightness is not all the way up and the charging issue where you cannot have the device plugged in without it going crazy.

thaddius

Charmander is not pleased.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
there are reported issues between 3rd party link cables. just FYI. white testing for the review i had a few carts that just refused to work. i chalked it up to worn shells, but those same carts worked perfectly in an official nintendo product. i'm just trying to be discouraging, i just wanted to point out some things that came up during testing.

Fo shizzle. I have a rather extensive collection of GBA carts, but haven't tried them all. Might attempt to test them all at some point and report back with my findings.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse