Hacking Savedata not completely corrupted, could get an old save???

Hikenkami

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi all,

Just lived something strange with Digimon Cyber Sleuth: I started playing again after a deep sleep of my Ps Vita, and when I tried to save, it said me savedata was corrupted, but strangely enough, after closing the game and launching it again, I could start again from... an older save?? Like two saves before, so my data wasn't completely corrupted but I didn't get back the latest one...

also, does someone knows how the corruption works? Do you have to always close your game before pressing the power button of your vita?

Last edited by Hikenkami,

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's a known bug in HENkaku, if you let the system sleep for a long time while playing a dumped game then it becomes unable to save again until you reboot the game/app.

It was supposed to be fixed in the latest HENkaku release, make sure you are running that first.

Anyways, a couple of users have come forward and said that the bug is still present but happens rarely.

Hikenkami

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
That's a known bug in HENkaku, if you let the system sleep for a long time while playing a dumped game then it becomes unable to save again until you reboot the game/app.

It was supposed to be fixed in the latest HENkaku release, make sure you are running that first.

Anyways, a couple of users have come forward and said that the bug is still present but happens rarely.

Well it is not really a very annoying problem, all you have to do is save before letting the ps vita go to sleep, then when you wake it up, you close the game and launch it again But yeah still on the old version of Henkaku, gotta install the new one

Ray2R

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If u get save data is corrupted during gameplay and you cannot save. You can press Triangle and save to the internet then close the game and open the game again and load the save through Triangle again.

Hikenkami

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok many thanks! Does this solution work for every game? I mean the "triangle internet save"? Is it something embedded in the Native PS Vita System? If it is the case, that is sweet, even if you are far from a internet connection, you just keep playing and wait to be at home to save.

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If u get save data is corrupted during gameplay and you cannot save. You can press Triangle and save to the internet then close the game and open the game again and load the save through Triangle again.

What the heck does it mean to "save to the internet"??

Ray2R

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What the heck does it mean to "save to the internet"??
In Digimon Cyber Sleuth you can save to the cloud because it is a PS4 and PS Vita game. This allows you to transfer saves between consoles. But is also very useful when game glitches and causes all 3 of ur saves to be un-saveable.

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In Digimon Cyber Sleuth you can save to the cloud because it is a PS4 and PS Vita game. This allows you to transfer saves between consoles. But is also very useful when game glitches and causes all 3 of ur saves to be un-saveable.

I guess you have a solution for one game... Now to find a solution for the other 400 I guess :lol:

Ray2R

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess you have a solution for one game... Now to find a solution for the other 400 I guess :lol:
Yes haha, however. OP quoted Digimon Cyber Sleuth that is the only reason I stated this. And Digimon had a corruption issue inside the game not outside of the game. You just couldn't save, but when you close and reopen the game, the previous save is preserved. You just couldn't save additional progress except by using Cloud Save.

However, you can constantly use, molecule, or vitashell. and copy ur "user" folder every so often and make it like "user1" or something everytime ur saves become corrupt so you can restore it.

Last edited by Ray2R,
Reactions: Tony_93

Hikenkami

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well, I rushed things a bit... I got one a bit earlier, but strangely, I never used something else than sleep mode since the update of henkaku and it was working great

Reactions: leonmagnus99

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
its fine to leave it in sleep mode, just dont put it into sleep mode while your inside a game, i got my 3ds once corrupted because of sleep mode (and i think i was not in game while sleep mode, so sleep mode can actually mess the memory or something, not so sure.. but my 3ds got crashes more when i had it inside a game and put it to sleep mode).

vita is not going to crash anything if you leave it in sleep mode while you are on the menu screen, i wouldnt keep game on if i know i will put the vita down for half day!

so far i have been putting my vita to sleep mode for over 2 days now, and everything is fine , and i always put it to sleep mode after exiting game/app etc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.