Save Nintendo WiFi - A project to save online servers for Wii (and DS) games

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Toad King, Feb 28, 2014.

1. loco365

loco365 GBAtemp Guru

Sep 1, 2010
    Oh, that's good to hear. I never made much use of it with my Japanese copy of Heart Gold, but Platinum will be getting its fair share of use soon! :D

PokeAcer likes this.
  2. LWares87

LWares87 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Oct 19, 2008
    After all this time of trying to get altwfc to work on Dolphin Emulator...

I finally did it!

Although... for some weird reason, i can't seem to get it working on my actual console through USB Loader GX though.

before anyone asks:
    • all settings are correct in Game Load Settings on loader (set server to NoSSL)
    • manual DNS is correct in Internet Settings on console (using 104.131.93.87)
    • i keep getting a 60000 error when trying to connect to the server

Last edited by LWares87, Aug 8, 2015
  3. PokeAcer

PokeAcer Banned

Banned
    May 28, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Wales
    60000 = Profile not found - you can't use a Wiimmfi profile on AltWFC and vice-versa.

4. LWares87

LWares87 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Oct 19, 2008
    like that, wasn't obvious though... lol *facepalm*

thank you anyway, for your help. :)

5. Wizardkoer

Wizardkoer Wii Veteran

Jul 14, 2015
    Australia
    Ugh the sad thing is there are TWO servers, Wiimmfi and atlwfc... we should be ONE community with ONE server... Maybe the two should join so they have two servers instead of one?

6. PokeAcer

PokeAcer Banned

Banned
    May 28, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Wales
    Hahahahahahahahaaha..... No.
    Wiimmfi is it's own server, and AltWFC is too. One is closed-source, once is open-source, one is C+PHP, one is Python, one has more devs, one doesn't.
    ^^^^ has more than this one ^^^^

Wiimm won't join with the devs of AltWFC because then he'd have to share the OPENHOST and ban code. Plus, Wiimm doesn't want his code to be opensource, and AltWFC is - Anyone can make an AltWFC server in minutes.

Last edited by PokeAcer, Aug 28, 2015
  7. Wizardkoer

Wizardkoer Wii Veteran

Jul 14, 2015
    Australia
    ahhh so one is open sourced and one isn't... Oh well..

8. Metoroid0

Metoroid0 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Nov 2, 2012
    Japan
    SR388
    so.... whats the news since this thread is created? Can i go online with wii and DS now and how?

9. Wizardkoer

Wizardkoer Wii Veteran

Jul 14, 2015
    Australia
    Yup its up and running. For the DS method you need a flashcart to run an edited rom which has been patched so it connects to the Wiimmfi custom server rather than the shutdown nintendo servers. And for the wii there is multiple ways. You can use riivolution to temporary patch and run your original mario kart disc. You can also use a usb loader to load an edited/patched iso which automatically has been set to connect to Wiimmfi. And lastly you can also use a clean ripped iso which has not been altered/edited/patched but you need your usb loader to temporary patch the game. This might sound a bit complicated but I'm only a 14 year old kid yet I know these stuff and it's not really that hard once you know what to do :P .

10. Metoroid0

Metoroid0 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Nov 2, 2012
    Japan
    SR388
    its not complicated, i understood. thanks.
    Anyway, is that this post updated and can i download those links and stuff to make it working?

11. Wizardkoer

Wizardkoer Wii Veteran

Jul 14, 2015
    Australia
    Yup all links working!

12. Mattzer

Mattzer Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 16, 2015
    Brazil
    I do play Pokemon Battle Revolution on Dolphin. Is there any possible way to play it online using altwfc server? How about NDS games like HG/SS or Black/White?

13. PokeAcer

PokeAcer Banned

Banned
    May 28, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Wales
    Dolphin: You can play AltWFC/Wiimmfi on Dolphin. If you want to use AltWFC, you need to patch the WBFS/ISO to have no https in it then use the DNS in wii settings, and if you want to patch for Wiimmfi, use the wiimmfi patcher which'll also patch the URLs so no DNS is required.
    Wiimmfi Patcher (Use the patch_dwc.bat for AltWFC, patch_wiimmfi.bat for Wiimmfi): http://download.wiimm.de/wiimmfi/patcher/wiimmfi-patcher-v3.7z

NDS games: Use either an R4 (patch the ROM) or an Action Replay and create a code to remove HTTPS, then change your DNS to either 46.4.79.141 (Wiimmfi's) or 104.131.93.87 (AltWFC's)

Action Replay code creator (you have to dl the rom for your country and game to make the code):https://github.com/Prof9/wfcreplay/releases/download/v0.6/WfcReplay.v0.6.zip
    R4 ROM patcher: https://github.com/AdmiralCurtiss/WfcPatcher/releases/download/v1.5/WfcPatcher1.5.zip

14. Mattzer

Mattzer Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 16, 2015
    Brazil
    I do have a R4, so i don't need the Action Replay codes right? How about playing it on DesmumE? It works?
    Also, i wanna patch my ROM for wiimmfc. It's seems easier... It's possible? (in NDS case, not Wii)

Last edited by Mattzer, Sep 16, 2015
  15. JiroX

JiroX Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 29, 2015
    India
    23404: Internal server error - To server admins: This usually means that Apache's virtual hosts aren't found on the server (or if nas_server.py is using port 80 when Apache is also using it) - naswii is returning HTTP 404
    i am getting this error can anyone tell me how to resolve it??
    http://prntscr.com/8ltp1h
    http://prntscr.com/8ltp7f
    iv entered same as it was said in guide i also patched the rom by the patcher given in guide WFC one i am trying to run wifi in pokemon diamond,iv ran wifi in desumue before it was off officially
    i hope there is an solution for it
    i wanna help in this project cause i love pokemon diamond and black,black2
    and one more thing if i try with normal unpatched it it gives
    • 20100: Connection to the Access Point succeeded, but connection to the Wi-Fi Connection servers couldn't be established. Either you forgot to set the DNS and are trying to connect to the now-defunct official servers, or the custom server is currently down for maintenance. May also be a result of not properly patching your game to remove the SSL checks.
    • so i hope there is an solution for it

16. PokeAcer

PokeAcer Banned

Banned
    May 28, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Wales
    Is this on AltWFC?
    23404 is HTTP 404 not found/.

17. JiroX

JiroX Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 29, 2015
    India
    sry new in these things u mean WFC patched rom? so yes as i said i patched it with the patcher which was in guide
    1015 Pokemon Diamond (v05) (US) (AltWfc) using this rom so i suppose thats what you mean getting that error on this one i patched this rom 3 times to confirm same result everytime

Last edited by JiroX, Sep 29, 2015
  18. EvilMakiPR

EvilMakiPR GBAtemp Addict

Apr 9, 2013
    Is this still working? Like can I play PBR(Pokemon Battle Revolution), Brawl, etc online?

19. codymatt

codymatt Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 25, 2015
    United States
    Whenever I try to Join any game such as Mario Kart Wii, Or Brawl, I get the Error 20100, I haven't deleted any of my game saves, Which I'm assuming that you delete the hole game? Anyway, I'm on Wii U, An I can't tell if it's running or not. Any feed back on weather or not the server is up an if so, Could someone explain what "Deleting my Previous Game Saves" is.

20. The_Meistro

The_Meistro GBATemp's "Official" Hank Hill

Banned
    Aug 22, 2015
    The Magic School Bus
    Ok I have a few questions
    1. How do i apply this on my USBLoader games?
    2. Who wants to play Smash or Mario Kart?