Homebrew Save Nintendo WiFi - A project to save online servers for DS (and Wii) games

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you got any static IPs on your network or in any of those connections?

Also what happens if you bridge things, turn off the router for a while (to reset DHCP) and then turn the router back on?

static IP's? i think i ported foward one game. and how long should i turn my router off for?

edit:some how it worked. now i need my laptop with the DS emulator is wired to the wireless one. is the right thing to do?

masterpad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cameroon
apparently if you delete the DNS from desmume and set your network card to the server's DNS and used wifi you;ll get the Nintendo wifi has been offmassege
+
your desmume version is old the new ones are saving the settings now i can upload my version to you if you want
+
is random matchup working? can you find anybody to play with?
i got the 0.9.9 wifi version is this the one working with you?

masterpad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cameroon
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLI2EwMyhuWS5ES1DdsMc00lBVWzium2cZ
here you go bro i made these videos to help people use desmume in the new servers with download links to my desmume and everything hope it helps you :)
thank you very much, it's really boring me .
i found a desmume wifi version working on the custom server but the firmware looks to be in spanish or portugeese language and i only speak french and english(i hope)

so i lost myself in firmaware editing tool research, i suppose your firmware is going to be en english , will it be configurable without loosing the custom serevr config possibility?
i am still trying to do all this and using a my firmware in french laguage because i am only interest on playing yugioh! WCS 2011 over the nexus that i enjoy in french
thanks for everything

FuzzyQuills

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys, know how to patch mario kart DS to help test these servers? I tried the two .xdelta patches on the wiki page, but all they did was freeze up the WFC menu... :(

EDIT: OOPS! I realised I needed WfcPatcher to work it. :) I am also giving another rom download a go. anyone know if the M5 dump is bad? :huh: (Also note: I have MKDS on cartridge, so technically, my rom download's legal. I would dump my own, but the lack of docs on rom dumping is terrible... :blink: )

EDIT2: Still won't work, all it does is corrupt the rom, and make it show white screen instead of starting! :( BTW, some details: The patcher also complains about the file being too big and it having to trim down debug strings or something. could this be the problem?

EDIT3: Oddly, patching another WFC game worked fine. is there a problem between WFCPatcher and Mario Kart DS?

masterpad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cameroon

^this is the part 2 of my video that has all the download links you need
+
as for the chat I didn't find any myself :/ so what about we make our own Facebook group for the new server? pm me if your interested :)

This is arkward! i watch the second video and i dont find any link?! whats going wrong with me?! someone can give me the minute when the link are notified?!

Sky*dragon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Libya

FuzzyQuills

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys, figured out my problem. all it took was rebooting my laptop, and now the patcher works properly. (WTF?!)

And anyone know why the server appeared to restart 5 times? I would pick continental on Mario Kart DS, find no players (no big surprise... ;)) and then I would exit. sometimes, i would leave it, and that would be the point it would go "Disconnected. error code: 81010"

Is the "maintenance period" in USA time? I need to know the australian times, as this could have been the reason it was doing this. Either way, it appears to work a treat! :)

FuzzyQuills

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
mm201: thanks for info. anyone actually use the MKDS server atm?
Also plan to connect my Wii when I get a Wii LAN adapter and powerline connection.

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as the Wii side is concerned using the alt server when i set the primary and secondary DNS to 75.127.5.215 and the wifi on the wii shuts off. trying to play a game online like tatsunoko vs capcom gives me a error message code 50299 unable to connect to the internet. So then i use a wii program called Offline Network Enabler to use the network connection since it will not connect normally due to the DNS changes and when i try to connect this time, i get the error message 20100 unable to connect to the internet. Not sure what happened for it to stop working.
It was working fine a couple of weeks ago but now i have issues with this.

bobmcjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as the Wii side is concerned using the alt server when i set the primary and secondary DNS to 75.127.5.215 and the wifi on the wii shuts off. trying to play a game online like tatsunoko vs capcom gives me a error message code 50299 unable to connect to the internet. So then i use a wii program called Offline Network Enabler to use the network connection since it will not connect normally due to the DNS changes and when i try to connect this time, i get the error message 20100 unable to connect to the internet. Not sure what happened for it to stop working.
It was working fine a couple of weeks ago but now i have issues with this.
Offline Network Enabler isn't needed any more, so something isn't right there.

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Offline Network Enabler isn't needed any more, so something isn't right there.
If it matters i have been using the usb loader gx that Cyan made to connect to the altwfc and wiimmfi servers, and the wiimmfi still works fine for me. It is just a issue with altwfc.

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it matters i have been using the usb loader gx that Cyan made to connect to the altwfc and wiimmfi servers, and the wiimmfi still works fine for me. It is just a issue with altwfc.
1 More thing, on the website with step 4 it says (4. Save Settings and perform a connection test. It should succeed. On the Wii U, you can choose "End" to skip the connection test.) Mine says unable to connect to the server

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol, Okies. Family graveyard is that way 👉