Homebrew Save Nintendo WiFi - A project to save online servers for DS (and Wii) games

Necron

Lurking~
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
You could ask though. I asked at the beginning of the thread, but seeing as the songs could be manually added, then getting info from the server was not needed.

mm201

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, thanks for the sarcastic answer. GTS could be another thing, and I didn't see Pokemon mentioned in the compatibility list on the github, that's why I asked.

oshi- I'd better go add that. Direct communications and GTS work. I'm finishing up the battle video server right now (GenIV is done) and then I'll do battle tower and subway.

I also really want to do Game Sync but I'll need some help from someone better with disassembler.

bobmcjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn! What a shame. Cheers, then.
The JWTB/BBDX servers work perfectly with AltWFC. I downloaded a few songs from each with the standard scene releases no problem (and I made an AR code that forces the download counter at 255 constantly, but that will probably break the save :P). Although I didn't notice a way to share content in JWTB over WiFi, I do know that WWDIY works fine for both the DLC and friend-sharing sections.

Alchemilla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The JWTB/BBDX servers work perfectly with AltWFC. I downloaded a few songs from each with the standard scene releases no problem (and I made an AR code that forces the download counter at 255 constantly, but that will probably break the save :P). Although I didn't notice a way to share content in JWTB over WiFi, I do know that WWDIY works fine for both the DLC and friend-sharing sections.

I think you share by going into some section. I've never done it because I was told it wouldn't work before.

Edit: I tried once but an error got me.

Necron

Lurking~
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
They do? so none of the 9000 or so songs were lost?

bobmcjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They do? so none of the 9000 or so songs were lost?
All the official songs in the song download section are there AFAIK. In JWTB there are all 373. The online radio works, but I dont believe the submit feature will work given that like WWDIY's contest feature, it requires server-side interaction from the server admin.

Alchemilla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All the official songs in the song download section are there AFAIK. In JWTB there are all 373. The online radio works, but I dont believe the submit feature will work given that like WWDIY's contest feature, it requires server-side interaction from the server admin.

We could hold contests, or there could be sub-servers.

bobmcjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We could hold contests, or there could be sub-servers.
That isn't the issue. For WWDIY, we don't know how contests work. For JWTB, there aren't the required tools. Bdx files need to be compressed and/or encrypted before being uploaded to the DL section.

Side note: while DL song bdx files can't be extracted with bdxtool, they can probably be manually extracted.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I did that but didn't have any luck. I copied the boot.elf, boot.dol and somethingidk.patch files in my usbloader_gx folder in my apps folder and copied over my unpatched wbfs Brawl file. No luck. I already got this working with the patch, which works with Wii Flow, though either way there isn't ANYONE to play with online on Brawl... Or Mario Kart Wii, though I only tried searching for people once.
That's not the correct thread to talk about wii version, but as you asked here I'll answer here.
replacing the dol is not enough, you also need to enable the "private server" option in the game's settings that you want to patch.
If you don't see the option, be sure to launch the loader from HBC or a forwarder, not from the full channel.

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

padf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have an original 3ds and a pokemon white 2.how could I use the server to access the gts?As I could understand in the tutorial I need to use an AR...how could I do this?

isn't there a way to access the server without the AR ou patch the rom?

mm201

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No. An AR or a ROM patch is required to defeat the security used by the DS to verify the servers it's connecting to are run by Nintendo.

masterpad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cameroon
Hello evrybody!
I was not aware of all this project and i dont know if i can always help with game's package since NWC is down.
I can find the forum page on DS emulator for PC so please don't yell at me I am looking for a proper PC working DS Emulator with online-wifi option witch can acces the save nintendo wifi connexion project server.
may you excuse my expression iam still learning to speak in english.

Sky*dragon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Libya
Hello evrybody!
I was not aware of all this project and i dont know if i can always help with game's package since NWC is down.
I can find the forum page on DS emulator for PC so please don't yell at me I am looking for a proper PC working DS Emulator with online-wifi option witch can acces the save nintendo wifi connexion project server.
may you excuse my expression iam still learning to speak in english.
you can use desmume wifi version i'm using it on the altwifi server and it's working good :)
you can find it on youtube

Reactions: masterpad

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Is today the day you popped out of the oven?