Homebrew Save Nintendo WiFi - A project to save online servers for DS (and Wii) games

Scyther_Grovyle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
We should really do one thing, and that is record the data for dsiware.
Why you ask? Because we dont know anything about these games! But we can record the communication between the server and the ds, and later make a custom server after we will have dsiware cracked open.
How? Easily, just play as usuall on your dsi, but record via custom firmware router. Somebody with the sudokuhax exploit may be even able to NoSSL patch them.
Now the list of affected DSiWare:
Bomberman Blitz
Dragon Quest Wars
Mario vs Donkey Kong: Minis March Again
Metal Torrent
Number Battle
Tetris Party Live
UNO
Thats just the english ones, so please if you have these, save them!

mm201

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If anyone would like to try to backup anything on a gamestats-related game server, I've figured out how the hash works so it's now possible to write a program to download any data from those servers. However, it requires special knowledge about each game. Here's an example of a quick Python script that will let you download a (random??) file from Animal Crossing: Wild World:

There's lots of existing gamestats research at
http://projectpokemon.org/wiki/GTS_protocol

and in my GTS repository at
https://github.com/mm201/pkmnFoundations/blob/master/gts/pokemondpds.ashx.cs
https://github.com/mm201/pkmnFoundations/blob/master/gts/src/GtsSessionBase.cs
https://github.com/mm201/pkmnFoundations/blob/master/gts/src/GtsSession4.cs

Ha-HA!

KwTqSSA.jpg

Gen 4 Mystery Gift restored! Thanks to whoever made the WCD Patcher, that helped. I'll try to whip up a *.pcd -> Wifi distribution file converter tool.

<33333
Personally I would put up the Secret Key for Platinum permanently and maybe do monthly rotations of the tickets / Pokemon that activate ingame events like Arceus and Pikachu Colored Pichu. I can throw together a schedule (with pcd files) if you like.

That said, GenV is actually a bit more important since there has always been the Deoxys distribution rom hack to send mystery gifts to retail carts on GenIV.

Razor83

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks to the efforts of Rubedo and Lookie401, I've been able to start backing up the DLC from Daigassou! Band Brothers DX. It's a very huge download (~18600 files) so it's going to take a few hours, but it'll be saved.
Great work :)

Have all the songs from Jam with the Band been backed up? I was considering buying a few copies of the game, dumping them (So that the ROM has a legit download ID) and then downloading 50 songs for each ROM (50 songs is the maximum amount of downloads allowed per cart) AFAIK we still cant dump the save from a retail JwtB cart, but my thought was we can backup the save from a ROM/flash cart.

The only thing is i'm not certain if this method will work, plus I dont know how many songs JwtB currently has available to download? That would determine how many copies of the game I would need :/

daicon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We're entering the final days...

I'm completely free this weekend and willing to help if there is any specific game that needs packets captured. I'm not sure if the website's list is up to date though.

Also willing to play any Wifi NDS game with someone to help capture packets. Just PM me

Pikachu025

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Playing around more with the Gen 4 Mystery Gift, I managed to get the Lock Capsule to work, apparently the first person in the world to do so.

After getting a (self-made) Lock Capsule Wonder Card this menu shows up:

L7gdNtq.png
aEMnMJW.png

Fire up Black/White, select the Relocator:

xDbkyfU.png

iQnES6j.jpg

2vyTDHp.jpg

q6X3VaH.jpg

Message in HG/SS changes to this:

DY0gWDT.png

And in B/W it shows up in key items:

lk2IwnL.png

It even unlocks properly!

wNr54l2.png
UCzvcn3.png
GkTqhmL.png

mm201

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have Generation V battle videos just about cracked and I learned a lot about network programming in the process. I should be able to put up a battle video server in a couple of weeks.

daicon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to have to ask.. To reap some of these mystery gifts, do I have to go online right now before the shutdown to get them, or can I wait until after the May 20th shutdown and it still be possible?

Pikachu025

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
By the way, I'm not gonna open a pull request for this, but it seems like some games expect a content-length header for their downloadable files, so

Code:
            if dlc_contenttype == True:
                self.send_header("Content-Length", str(len(ret)))
                self.send_header("Content-type", "application/x-dsdl")
                self.send_header("Content-Disposition", "attachment; filename=\"" + post["contents"] + "\"")
            else:
I could be wrong and it was another change that fixed the error I got, but just in case you encounter that.

Prof. 9

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Got Picross 3D to work with the emulated WFC server through an Action Replay DS code. This way, SSL can be disabled without ROM patching, so it can be used with retail game cards if you have an Action Replay DS(i).

It works by hooking the ARM9 "wait for interrupt" routine and patching all URLs in-memory to replace the http part with https. Still some kinks to be worked out, but shouldn't be too hard to generate for other games.

::NoSSL for [C6PP] Picross 3D (E) v0.1
52076A0C EE070F90
E20001B8 00000060
A20CB51F 332C1C13
CA024C09 42A0C901
7808D107 D1042873
70087848 42003101
429AD1FA 4778DBF1
EE070F90 E8BD801F
70747468 02274EF4
02274F3C 022754B4
022755E8 022763F0
02276418 0227643C
02276464 02276478
022765D4 022DB41C
02074FB4 FAFE2C7F
D2000000 00000000

SuchATroll

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys! Greatly appreciate the work you're doing, might I request, if the time permits, that someone work on Clubhouse Games? I'd do it myself if I wasn't networking illiterate.

SuchATroll

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah? There are something like 40 different games to play on Clubhouse Games like Darts, Blackjack, Bowling, etc. Would the packets be different from each one?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Just 6 but dual band 6 lol