Homebrew Save Nintendo WiFi - A project to save online servers for DS (and Wii) games

TUWieZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd hate to halt any progress here, but I just stumbled upon these projects earlier, and the work looks great so far. Just wanted to butt in and propose an idea for DS-DS Local multiplayer online tunneling.
http://gbatemp.net/threads/ds-download-play-over-internet-possible-or-not.361898/

Sorry for the shameless bump on an old thread, I've just been looking into this topic since the end of older Nintendo wifi services was announced recently. :nds:

I thought the Wii could receive packets via nifi protocols, ex. Animal Crossing-DS Suitcase, Pokemon Ranch, Pokemon:Battle Revolution etc.

Maybe it'd be possible to use the Wii essentially as a server box in a similar fashion MH3's Wii U Packet relayer for the 3ds' MH3 works using HBC?

For example, the source of ftpii being moded for wii2wii peer to peer connections, and also code that would in turn send/receive packets Wii-to-ds as they're downloaded and uploaded.
http://gwht.wikidot.com/ftpii

Anywho, I'd love to help in any way possible with the efforts to dump and analyze encryption of packets and what-not, or with any other assistance that anyone may need in the dev. process.

Is there a list of games with packets dumped? I could adhoc my lappy and go through my DS collection and poke around in wireshark. Quick question though, will the packets sniffed from a 3DS system be encrypted with no apparent differences as packets sniffed from OG NDS/DSi? Not too sure because of WPA2 on the 3ds and whatnot.

Anyway yeah, nice work. I'd love to help with this project on both Wii and NDS platforms, just figured I'd leave this here for speculation since this is the thread for DS-Online multiplayer preservation

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'd hate to halt any progress here, but I just stumbled upon these projects earlier, and the work looks great so far. Just wanted to butt in and propose an idea for DS-DS Local multiplayer online tunneling.
http://gbatemp.net/threads/ds-download-play-over-internet-possible-or-not.361898/

Anywho, I'd love to help in any way possible with the efforts to dump and analyze encryption of packets and what-not, or with any other assistance that anyone may need in the dev. process.

Is there a list of games with packets dumped? I could adhoc my lappy and go through my DS collection and poke around in wireshark. Quick question though, will the packets sniffed from a 3DS system be encrypted with no apparent differences as packets sniffed from OG NDS/DSi? Not too sure because of WPA2 on the 3ds and whatnot.

Anyway yeah, nice work. I'd love to help with this project on both Wii and NDS platforms, just figured I'd leave this here for speculation since this is the thread for DS-Online multiplayer preservation
DS games on the 3DS should act no different from an original DS(i), I assume, otherwise it'd probably break compatibility.

yodamerlin

Bok bok.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am trying to keep up to date with this but from not checking for a week I have lost what is going on and I can't seem to grasp what is going on with the last few pages - so can anyone say how far you have got. I see you got Tetris DS working but that is about it...

Toad King

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, I thought you meant to connect to the server in general not for logging
It's needed for connecting in general. Unless the encrypted connection is signed by a key from Nintendo's own CA it will refuse connection. A custom server over HTTPS will not work.

Laxivation

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's needed for connecting in general. Unless the encrypted connection is signed by a key from Nintendo's own CA it will refuse connection. A custom server over HTTPS will not work.

That's odd because all the playstation two games that I have redirected to openspy just work by redirecting where its connecting to. When I look at the packet logs, there is still encryption going on.

Toad King

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's odd because all the playstation two games that I have redirected to openspy just work by redirecting where its connecting to. When I look at the packet logs, there is still encryption going on.
The PS2 games might not verify server certificates against a specific CA, or verify SSL certificates at all. The DS and Wii do however.

There could also be a bug in the PS2 SDK where it's SSL certificate verification is flawed. I don't know enough about it to explain why it works there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end