Hacking Save data after removing and reinstalling .cia

Kibido

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I need to delete the .cia of a game and install it again because reasons. Will my save data remain? Or will it be incompatible once I install the new .cia, making me start over? Thank you.

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
when uninstalling any installed game , they ask you if you want to remove the game with the save or just the game
you can remove the game alone , there is an option to back up Digital/cia games on 3DS

but , if you installed the same game from another region , it mostly won't be compatible with the old save

justln

Trophies
XP
Country
MHX saves on the SD card so removing and reinstalling doesn't affect the save. Fantasy Life does too but I'm not sure if that works.

Otherwise, uninstalling other cia files will remove the savegame since it's stuck with the cia.

Kibido

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
MHX saves on the SD card so removing and reinstalling doesn't affect the save. Fantasy Life does too but I'm not sure if that works.

Otherwise, uninstalling other cia files will remove the savegame since it's stuck with the cia.

lol how did you figure out I was talking about MHX? It's not even for me actually, I'm asking for a friend who can't patch it with NTR.

Thank you for the replies everyone, much appreciated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: