Hardware SanDisk Ultra 200 GB with New 3DS

gamecaptor

R.I.P. Densetsu. Legends never die!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I know a guy, that knows a guy, who walks the dog of a guy, who’s neighbor knows a guy that can get me a SanDisk Ultra 200 GB MicoSDXC for super cheap. I’ve read people using 128 GB SD cards with their 3DS, but has anyone successfully used anything larger? Specifically I would be using it in conjunction with a (Cakes) EmuNAND setup. Logically in my head it should work, but I thought I would ask around first.

And I realize I don’t need this, but I can get it for cheap enough that it makes me want it; I could put my entire library on it and then some! “It’s just too good of a deal to pass up” …this is the same logic my wife uses on me :wink:

gbaboy123

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I know a guy, that knows a guy, who walks the dog of a guy, who’s neighbor knows a guy that can get me a SanDisk Ultra 200 GB MicoSDXC for super cheap. I’ve read people using 128 GB SD cards with their 3DS, but has anyone successfully used anything larger? Specifically I would be using it in conjunction with a (Cakes) EmuNAND setup. Logically in my head it should work, but I thought I would ask around first.

And I realize I don’t need this, but I can get it for cheap enough that it makes me want it; I could put my entire library on it and then some! “It’s just too good of a deal to pass up” …this is the same logic my wife uses on me :wink:
200gb why would you want a freaking hard drive on a new 3ds?

the MCDO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes i have 200gb micros in both of my new 3dses the only issue i have is the theme will not load on boot of emunand (use the hold power then home button trick to get it to load your theme) all good other than that

Reactions: gamecaptor

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Nope, it's legit. Guy works at SanDisk; employee discount is deep!

I also know a guy who knows a guy who knows me ex who knows a guy that slept with me who knows a girl that slept with another guy that knows a guy that works at macdonalds.

Anyway, enough silliness.
If you need to format it at a specific cluster size, be sure that small files can eat up space REALLY quickly.
If the clustersize is 64kb and you've got a 1kb file on it, it takes up the entire 64kb.

Reactions: gamecaptor

gbaboy123

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Guy50570

fatsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
Is there even 200gb worth of 3ds games out there?
Also, super cheap sd cards always end in new posts here like ''help my sd card not working'' or ''my 200gb card is really a 8gb card''

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol