Hacking Samurai Shodown V Special problems with MVSPSP

seseiSeki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I recently found my PSP and noticed, that it is quite comfy to play Samurai Shodown with the PSPs D-Pad. The only problem I have, is, that Samurai Shodown Anthology doesn't include Samurai Shodown V Special. After some research, I found "MVSPSP". I looked up the compatibility list and found samsh5sp. After many trials and errors, I got samsho3 running, but the games that came after 3 won't work.
4 crashes while loading some files and 5sp crashes while loading the cache file.
Yes, I tried using the "fixed" MVSPSP version that is supposed to play samsho5 and samsh5sp.
I also tried using every single romconv version in all 5 variations.
This might be a little old, but could someone who got this worked out help me?

seseiSeki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Many unsuccessful evenings later I found some random Italian forum that resolved all my problems. To those who came across this post in search of an answer, I'm going to explain what I did.
If you came this far, I'm assuming you know how to create the cache files needed for this emulator. Also, as far as I know, this is only going to help you with a PSP 2000 or 3000.

All you have to do is:
1. Boot into the recovery menu
2. Go to "Advanced ->"
3. Then "Advanced Config ->"
4. Disable "Unlock Extra Memory"

That's it.
As far as I know, "Unlock Extra Memory" is supposed to unlock the PSP 2000(3000)s extra RAM, but this setting conflicts with MVSPSP so, if you want to play Neo Geo games, you have to disable this feature.
So far I also didn't notice anything different and also read on a Wiki, that Daedalus and MVSPSP are the only two programs that use this extended RAM feature.

Last edited by seseiSeki,
Reactions: jastolze

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: i always pee in the water