Best Girl ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
My screen has this really weird overlay of a keyboard on it and I'm not sure how to get it to go away. Any ideas?
You can see what I mean if you look really closely at the attached screen shot.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-04-09-23-26-59.png
    Screenshot_2017-04-09-23-26-59.png
    218.7 KB · Views: 356

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
yeah screen burn in.. does it look like a shadow?
the only time i seen this in real life was on a s4 lol...

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No offense but i loled trying to figure it out why i wasnt able to see the error/damage on the first screen, until i read the third post and realized it was a screen burn.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
This is something normal from Samsung phones, my S4 and my mother's Note 4 have it too
Yup. Specifically, it's a known issue with OLED screens (and by extension, Samsung's AMOLED screens)
Even though OLED screens are really nice they do have their downsides.
Haven't noticed any burn-in on my 3 year old Note 3 though. It's never been left on a static screen for an extended period of time.

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is something normal from Samsung phones, my S4 and my mother's Note 4 have it too
Yup. Specifically, it's a known issue with OLED screens (and by extension, Samsung's AMOLED screens)
Even though OLED screens are really nice they do have their downsides.
Haven't noticed any burn-in on my 3 year old Note 3 though. It's never been left on a static screen for an extended period of time.
No burn-in on mine yet, and it's a refurbished model I've has since...October, I think? I actually just ordered a 8400mAh battery for it, so hopefully I'll be able to use it constantly like I have been for work and stuff and not have to charge it for a couple days :P

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Yeah a friend of mine had a similar issue on a galaxy s3, if you use a screen inverter app and turn off the automatic screen power off and leave the phone on the keyboard screen with nothing else for a few days it can pretty much remove it for the most part(well it's actually just evening out the screen burn in). But yeah, if it's not too bad I would say just live with it

Last edited by gamesquest1,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans