Hardware Same remote on both Wii and Wii U

MushGuy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, is it possible to use the same Remote on both Wii and Wii U? If so, do I require two sensors, or just one? I trying to do this right now with my old Wii console with the sensor on Wii U (currently with the red light on). Am I missing something?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So, is it possible to use the same Remote on both Wii and Wii U? If so, do I require two sensors, or just one? I trying to do this right now with my old Wii console with the sensor on Wii U (currently with the red light on). Am I missing something?
You will have to sync it each time you switch console.
You can use the same sensor bar either by plugging it in to the console you are currently using or by having both consoles turned on.
The Wii u plays Wii games fine though and you can even hack it and do anything a Wii can do, what's the reason you still want to use the Wii?

MushGuy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You will have to sync it each time you switch console.
You can use the same sensor bar either by plugging it in to the console you are currently using or by having both consoles turned on.
The Wii u plays Wii games fine though and you can even hack it and do anything a Wii can do, what's the reason you still want to use the Wii?
I still am not sure if I should hack Wii mode to use the USB loaders there (does Bootmii work there?), and also there's the thing about transferring locked saves like Smash Bros. Brawl.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I still am not sure if I should hack Wii mode to use the USB loaders there (does Bootmii work there?), and also there's the thing about transferring locked saves like Smash Bros. Brawl.
Savegame Manager GX can transfer all your saves.

Sorry, I meant Modmii.
ModMii hasn't been updated for Wii U support, I'm unsure why.
There are detailed guides available on hacking vWii though. Pretty much the only thing you cannot do is install BootMii as boot2 or Priiloader. Still, softmodding vWii is safe as long as you don't touch the existing IOS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol