Hacking Official SaltFW - "Slim Alternative Firmware"

BabyBichu

Trophies
Website
babybic.hu
XP
Country
United States
I do have one suggestion and it's really not that big a deal, but would it be possible to add a line to the system settings to say something like "SaltFW" or something along those lines. Like how ReiNAND has it's little Logo there or how Luma3DS adds sys/emu to it.
It's really not important and doesn't add anything, but I personally like them because it reminds of the PSP CFW's.
Agreed.
It will show others the brand of the CFW.
A "Salt-Sys" or "SaltFW" or anything else would be greater than just "Ver."

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Agreed.
It will show others the brand of the CFW.
A "Salt-Sys" or "SaltFW" or anything else would be greater than just "Ver."
Does it really matter though? They all are the same anyhow, unless they decide to remove features because they can't figure out how to add them.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Does it really matter though? They all are the same anyhow, unless they decide to remove features because they can't figure out how to add them.
It's not a big deal, I just personally like the feature myself. Currently all the CFW's I run have it and it would be nice if SaltFW was able to have it as well.

Reactions: BabyBichu

BabyBichu

Trophies
Website
babybic.hu
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't really matter.Just a suggestion.
It's not a big deal, I just personally like the feature myself. Currently all the CFW's I run have it and it would be nice if SaltFW was able to have it as well.
Yep,SaltFW could add the string as well.Couldn't agree more.

Shadowhand

Slim, Alternative Dev.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I did debate this in my head over and over, I really wanted to add it, but then I decided that this is a minimalist CFW, and I want it to look as stock as possible without sacrificing several features. So I don't think I'll be adding this.
EDIT: I just thought I could have it read from a file, but then it'll be just customizable, and it'll be like "config", which kinda defeats the purpose of SaltFW.

That's a good feature for people who are going with @Plailect's guide, but if you're using SaltFW, you already have a9lh 11.0, and 0 need to downgrade. Not to mention you can drop 10.2 firmware.bin to the root of your SD and get the same effect.

Last edited by Shadowhand,

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I did debate this in my head over and over, I really wanted to add it, but then I decided that this is a minimalist CFW, and I want it to look as stock as possible without sacrificing several features. So I don't think I'll be adding this.
EDIT: I just thought I could have it read from a file, but then it'll be just customizable, and it'll be like "config", which kinda defeats the purpose of SaltFW.

That's a good feature for people who are going with @Plailect's guide, but if you're using SaltFW, you already have a9lh 11.0, and 0 need to downgrade. Not to mention you can drop 10.2 firmware.bin to the root of your SD and get the same effect.
It could just be a optional feature. Like for people like me who want that feature. I know Mizuki had there loader injection option to it. It wasn't part of the CFW, it was something that had to be added. I also know CakesFW has a cakes for it as well. It's not really a big, it's more of a personal want on my end, since I am a nerd and like small details like that.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If I added an options menu, I would have nothing different than Luma :P I will see if I can get an elegant solution, but no promises.
I am not suggesting an option menu, but more like the CakesFW/Mizuki approach. Basically adding a file to the SaltFw folder to make it work. Much like how the bootsplashes work.

Yudowat

That one guy that shows up occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I am not suggesting an option menu, but more like the CakesFW/Mizuki approach. Basically adding a file to the SaltFw folder to make it work. Much like how the bootsplashes work.
Yes Please! This would be terrific. I'm stuck using an older version of Mizuki because I use NTR so I need firmware.bin support but I also REALLY need yifanlu's loader to load from the SD card, and mizuki is the only CFW I know of that HAD these features.

Reactions: Feeling it!

Shadowhand

Slim, Alternative Dev.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes Please! This would be terrific. I'm stuck using an older version of Mizuki because I use NTR so I need firmware.bin support but I also REALLY need yifanlu's loader to load from the SD card, and mizuki is the only CFW I know of that HAD these features.
That is something I plan to add, but it'll have to wait a little bit. Sadly, there are projects that take precedence over this at the moment.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Took along time to fit it in?