GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
This makes me seriously depressed, not gonna lie.

Kid Icarus: Uprising director Masahiro Sakurai has stated that he has no plans to make a sequel to the recent largely acclaimed 3DS game. He does say that someone else could possibly step in and make a sequel, but it probably won't be him. But who knows if he'll change his mind? I, for one, really hope he does. How do you guys feel about this, and what do you think will ultimately happen?

Source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/05/09/no-sequel-for-kid-icarus-uprising

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
LOL I was gonna post this thread.
It is rather sad but I'm not sad at all.
Im just glad I could complete the most difficult challenge in the game. hahaha. A TESTAMENT OF MY OWN SKILLZ.
Tbh though, he said that there's would be no sequel to SSBMelee. He did brawl. He said the same thing for Brawl. He's developing SSB4.
My point is, these are merely words. They do not garantee it. Especially if it comes from Sakurai. He always has a few tricks up his sleeve. ;)

Reactions: 1 person

TripleSMoon

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I think the game is good as it is, no need to ruin it with a sequel.
Imagine if they said that about the original NES Kid Icarus? Or countless other beloved franchises?
doesnt surprise me he has 2 smash bros games to work on and those will take him a couple years to finish
Yeah, but he's not saying "not for a while", he's saying he has no plans, period.
What, didn't you stay past the credits? Hades promises a sequel in another 25 years.
Shhhh, spoilers! :ha: And that doesn't really make me feel better at all. :(

AceWarhead

"Must Construct Additional Pylons"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the game is good as it is, no need to ruin it with a sequel.
Imagine if they said that about the original NES Kid Icarus? Or countless other beloved franchises?
The only reason there were sequels was because there was new hardware to work with and people wanted more. Kid Icarus was a very obscure game, as it was overshadowed by Metroid, it's sister game, so many people didn't even know about it.
If you want a sequel, go send a letter or something to Nintendo...

TripleSMoon

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
The only reason there were sequels was because there was new hardware to work with and people wanted more. Kid Icarus was a very obscure game, as it was overshadowed by Metroid, it's sister game, so many people didn't even know about it.
The original was obscure, yeah. But Uprising definitely wasn't. Have you seen the money it's made, and the reviews it's gotten? The majority of reviewers gave it a positive one, with the only real con being universally agreed on is the stylus controls.

That said, perhaps you're on to something about the hardware (after all, we only got on Smash Bros. game per console). So perhaps in 5-7 years we'll see another one.

AceWarhead

"Must Construct Additional Pylons"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The original was obscure, yeah. But Uprising definitely wasn't. Have you seen the money it's made, and the reviews it's gotten? The majority of reviewers gave it a positive one, with the only real con being universally agreed on is the stylus controls.

That said, perhaps you're on to something about the hardware (after all, we only got on Smash Bros. game per console). So perhaps in 5-7 years we'll see another one.
The new Uprising is very popular, yes.
A new game in 5-7 years is very probable, with the way Nintendo releases sequels like crazy.

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just because HE won't be making it doesn't mean there won't be another one...
Sakurai also has no plans to direct another Kirby title after Air Ride.
LOL I was gonna post this thread.
It is rather sad but I'm not sad at all.
Im just glad I could complete the most difficult challenge in the game. hahaha. A TESTAMENT OF MY OWN SKILLZ.
Tbh though, he said that there's would be no sequel to SSBMelee. He did brawl. He said the same thing for Brawl. He's developing SSB4.
My point is, these are merely words. They do not garantee it. Especially if it comes from Sakurai. He always has a few tricks up his sleeve. ;)

Man, Sakurai sounds more like he has problems keeping up lack of promises then anything.

Reactions: 3 people

TripleSMoon

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
All Kirby titles after Air Ride were handled by other staff at HAL, you fool
Ah. Well, at least it was the same company, who had worked with Sakurai before. If Project Sora handles this (with or without Sakurai), I'll be satisfied.

And honestly, I'm not 100% opposed to another company altogether doing a sequel, as long as they don't massively change it into a completely different game (like Other M did to Metroid, or Uprising did to NES).

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Sakurai also has no plans to direct another Kirby title after Air Ride.
Ok, now I DEFINITELY feel better! Thanks guys. ^.^
All Kirby titles after Air Ride were handled by other staff at HAL, you fool.
m15io.jpg

Ah, Midna, Midna... Be nice. ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lulz @Veho