Safari Zone for Gold and Silver!

Discussion in 'Other Consoles & Oldies' started by Pingouin7, Feb 7, 2011.

Feb 7, 2011

Pingouin7 disgrace to famiry

Message Count:
    Canada
    This is a patch I made for Gold, Silver and Crystal.

Gold and Silver patches: It adds a working Safari Zone in Fuschia City that contains the other version's exclusive Pokémon, so it lets you access the other version's exclusive Pokémon without having to trade.
    You still have to trade with the first gen to get the other unobtainable Pokémon, though.
    I also added a patch of grass to the west of Route 36 so that you can get Growlithe/Vulpix as soon as you reach Violet City.

There is also a Crystal version patch. Since I couldn't re-enable the Safari Zone in Crystal, I added the Pokémon that were missing from Crystal into the same routes they are found at in Gold/Silver.

This patch wouldn't have been possible without those people over here at Pokécommunity.
    (Link to the forum post: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=172866)

Discuss!

[IMG]Download
    EZ-Megaman likes this.

8BitWalugi /egotistical stance

Message Count:
    Australia
    Hacking the Global Centre back into Crystal would've been a better accomplishment, but this could still be pretty good.

Also, you didn't post a patch link.

Message Count:
    Canada
    We can't hack the PCC back into Crystal, since we don't know enough about how the servers and all that stuff worked, so we probably wouldn't be able to make a custom server.
    Then everyone would need to get a Mobile Phone adapter, which is discontinued and probably is pretty rare now.
    Not mentionning people would have to use a GBC Flashcart to run the game on the actual hardware to use the Mobile Phone.

(DL link added BTW.)
    I must still find out if it's possible to follow that guide with Crystal as well.

8BitWalugi /egotistical stance

Message Count:
    Australia
    It doesn't need to work, just being able to enter it and seeing how everything was would be cool. There could be a person you talk to and they just give you the GS ball that triggers the event.

Message Count:
    Canada
    Well, there are AR cheats for entering the PCC, if that's all you want to do.
    There also are AR cheats that lets you get the GS Ball, give it it to Kurt and get it back from him.
    • Newcomer

Pahicken New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    pretty good hack. i would never be able to do this.

Message Count:
    Canada
    Trust me, you would be able to do this if you followed the guide on Pokecommunity.

Cuelhu КУ!

Message Count:
    Holy See (Vatican City)
    http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/uplo...4d/PCCenter.gif [IMG]

rave420 New Member

Message Count:
    Canada
    proper good job mate, i thoroughly enjoyed this, i now got all the starters.

much kudos to you my friend.

Message Count:
    Canada
    I've re-uploaded the files with a few tweaks and fixes and added a different version of the Safari Zone: The Exclusives Safari Zone.
    It lets you get Silver's exclusives in Gold and Gold's exclusives in Silver.

More info in the first post.