Hacking Sadly a clone card owner, just a single question.

Commoner

Trophies
XP
Country
Like we posted 1 page before , we have gotten some email answers from r4 team. I don't think they have a need for lying if they couldn't keep going as they could just ignore people and done..

For the record, the r4i gold deluxe team has never referred to their own flash cart as a clone. The community just calls the r4i gold deluxe a clone because of information that has come out after its release which clearly reveals that it is in fact a clone of Gateway.

When the r4i gold deluxe first came out, announcements on their website proudly claimed that their software was created by their own development team who were also currently working on original features like multirom and card2 support in an update to be released around Christmas of 2013.

A lot of people actually believed these claims. And quite a good portion of the community, including some reviewers seemed to believe that the r4i gold deluxe team would probably even release updates more frequently than Gateway when they compared the two flash carts. This was actually a fairly widely accepted belief, because the r4i gold DS cart had a track record of frequent updates.

It was only later when the Gateway 2.0 Beta 1 was released that there was clear evidence that r4i gold deluxe was just ripping off whatever software Gateway was releasing. This was evident by the fact that in EmuNAND the firmware version still had the Gateway acronym added to it when EmuNAND was enabled on r4i gold deluxe's "in house-developed" update for their own flash cart.

So, yes of course it is copying Gateway because it is a clone cart. But never has this been openly admitted by the r4i gold deluxe team, who had been willfully twisting the truth to trick people into believing that they were an independent team developing their own solutions.

This is not an isolated case for r4i gold deluxe either. After the bricking issue, they released an "update" which they proudly announced fixed the bricking issue. Of course it took only a couple of minutes after the release for people to figure out that this was just a roll back to a previous buggy version of their software that was repackaged and renamed so that gullible people would think that this was a step forward rather than a leap backwards.

So, yes r4i deluxe has had a history of lying to their customers and to the community as a whole. Remember, past behavior is the best indicator of future behavior. There is no reason to believe that the r4i gold deluxe team would develop a sudden ad version to lying.

The r4i gold deluxe has one very solid reason to falsely guarantee that they will soon be releasing an update that will very likely never see the light if day.

It is very likely that they still have a lot of stock of their clone cart on hand and in the inventory of resellers. If they could manage to convince people to purchase these by lying through their teeth, then it will definitely contribute to their overall profits.

Talk is cheap. Unsold r4i gold deluxe carts gathering dust in a warehouse is not.

Reactions: Schizoanalysis

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
why they have to convince me , who already has their cart...
because if they sent you an email saying HAHAHAHAHAHA we ripped you off, it would be pasted here faster than you can say scandal

THEN people looking to buy the card are turned off the idea....they want to keep the dream alive as long as possible...especially hoping current owner will stfu and sit patiently instead of alerting people to the situation

masterzero

Trophies
XP
Country
or , like I said , they could just ignore people for the same effect , not affirming of having ripped off but also not saying anything about releasing an update

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
its the same reason the Nigerian lottery scam claims you have won the lottery, they want to hook people in with false promises, wouldn't be a very good scam if they said "give us money"......."the end" there is always a promise of something more its the only way scams work, this is all very simple logic, look what happened when gateway went in to radio silence.........it can only last so long before people start to feel like something is amiss

masterzero

Trophies
XP
Country
Not that I cling up to some promise. Being able to play 4 more games , 2 of them useless without online, and multirom which I would prefer I didn't have , is not enough reason for me to be jelly of anyone or regret having bought a clone. I can sitll play the majority of the games and a really cheap flashcard will have appeared before I finnish them all

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Not that I cling up to some promise. Being able to play 4 more games , 2 of them useless without online, and multirom which I would prefer I didn't have , is not enough reason for me to be jelly of anyone or regret having bought a clone. I can sitll play the majority of the games and a really cheap flashcard will have appeared before I finnish them all
whats the problem then? if your happy....why bother emailing them etc....why bother complaining on here.....just enjoy your games

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the point is now you will have to spend even more money on buying yet another card (assuming they even find a way to break gw security checks and possible brick code) then you would of just buying a GW in the first place just to save $20 at the time of purchase?
just like people who continue to buy cheap r4i ds clones that get blocked with every 3ds update when they just could have bought a dstwo

mr. fancypants

that´s ´Sir´ for you!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Application-specific_integrated_circuit
So you have an FPGA performing the very same function as an ASIC, great deal, and yes in this instance the only difference is the reprogrammable gates array.

As to the clones, their JTAG pins aren't exposed, if you read their specific ACTEL A3P250 datasheet, you will see that these FPGA can ONLY be reprogrammed through JTAG (woops, something tells me you haven't red that...)

In fact on the Gateway, the ACTEL JTAG pins are exposed and used durring the updating process, you can't just grab a clone card, put it in place of the real one and start updating as you suggest, the pinouts are different to begin with, not to mention even if you do reprogram the FPGA ROM with the update from Omega, using "your own hardware", that update is encrypted and gets decrypted in place on the FPGA, obviously the clone cards' FPGA do not have the required key to decrypt it so it'll never work.

What could be done is to copy the FPGA's logic (studying the I/Os and such) and update their own so it'd work on a copy of the Omega firmware, unfortunately, you cannot update the FPGA as-is, so it's a moot point, that's why they came up with MT in the first place (MT is produced by the same company/manufacturer).

Is it a FPGA update then? (Just asking)

paradoxofthecat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Hey! 2 fruits at once! Sour grapes and sweet lemons! You sir, deserve an idiomatic fruit bowl!

zbask

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
so, no update for clones.. can someone help me decrypt the launcer.dat version 2.1 from gateway to manualy write the FPGA to my 3ds link

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16