Hardware RX 470 performance problems

RaMon90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I don't think it has something to do with windows or re-installing games you installed, I had this problem with gta v but i solved changing some settings from nvidia panel turning vsync off and i'm using tv as well . Whenever a game starts It shows under the hdmi info resolution and refresh rate which is 60Hz for me.

CitizenSnips

a seldom-used crab named Lucky
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think i figured out the problem, I tried using a different TV and it worked fine, so i guess my new graphics card doesnt like my TV I was using. Thanks everyone :)

Reactions: RaMon90

RaMon90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
My post is completely wrong, I changed other options from panel apart from vsync but it was just that game, regardless it's off topic and nothing to do much with your problem.
Good that you solved, most likely your tv doesn't support higher refresh rate or maybe from menu if you find the option to change from 30 to 60Hz.

Reactions: CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's weird though because i got 60fps on the same tv with my older graphics card. Oh well, I'll probably borrow a spare TV from someone for the time being.

RaMon90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Now that you said this, it's indeed weird..Bad gpu driver? You already re installed many times and it works on the other tv.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
470 has hdmi 2.0, while the 260X was 1.4. Although they are suppose to be fully compatible, it could just be that tv bugging out and switching to 30Hz for hdmi 2.0 sources, especially if it's working fine elsewhere. It's not like it's unheard of for TVs to have bugs with specific hdmi setups, even though it should in theory all be fine.

CitizenSnips

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
470 has hdmi 2.0, while the 260X was 1.4. Although they are suppose to be fully compatible, it could just be that tv bugging out and switching to 30Hz for hdmi 2.0 sources, especially if it's working fine elsewhere. It's not like it's unheard of for TVs to have bugs with specific hdmi setups, even though it should in theory all be fine.
I just thought of this, what if i used a displayport to hdmi cable? could that possibly fix it, as it's from a different type of source?

Last edited by CitizenSnips,

CitizenSnips

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok my displayport to hdmi cable arrived but it didn't seem to fix it, guess my only option now is to get a new monitor :glare: Thanks again everyone :)

CitizenSnips

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
actually after a bit more google searching, i found out that all i had to do is change my TV's size format, now it is running full 60fps :lol:

Reactions: RaMon90

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Water park was quite fun
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    die?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yes I'm in mortal danger
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes I'm in mortal danger