Hacking Running Wii backups in vWii - totally lost!

Jaxtaylor

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hey, sorry for any incoming ignorance, but I'm having some issues getting Wii backups running through the homebrew channel. So far I've got emulators working and fine and running gamecube backups with nintendont.

But I can't get Wii backups running no matter what I try. First of all I had an issue with USB Loader GX freezing when initialising the HDD (I'm using a 16GB USB stick atm) but got around that by changing the format from WBFS to FAT32, but the backups would not appear. So far I've tried transferring using WBFS manager - which seems happy with what I'm doing in there, and then also tried Wii Backup Manager to do the same, but still no results!

Most of the threads and videos I can find are from around 2009, so probably well out of date, and I'm sorry if I'm making a really stupid mistake, but if someone could direct me to an idiot proof guide or a magic switch I'm missing - I'd be so grateful!

Thanks in advance :)

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What does your USB folder structure look like for your games? On mine I have a folder called "WBFS" and all my games are in there. They are in .wbfs format. So a game might be called "SuperMarioGalaxy.wbfs" and it's in that folder.

HeroKing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i haven't tried using a thumb drive, but that could be your case right there. most of us use external hard drives for our backups with a USB Y cable. still, looking at the definitive guide, it could simply be a case of wrong port. i've done that a number of times whenever i move my system

Jaxtaylor

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The USB file layout is in that order, Kafluke, but it wasn't to begin with.

I was worried that might be the cause, but wanted to try and get it working before I invest in an external drive. I did check that I had it in the right port, and despite trying other ones, I definitely had it in the right one.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the orientation of the ports can be confusing when sitting the wii u horizontally or vertically. my hdd for wii backups is plugged into the right most port with the system sitting vertically. if u've tried various ports and the folder structure is correct, it might be the flash drive. I guess I summed up both posts above. lol

Jaxtaylor

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, no one can I say didn't apologise for my ignorance! I forgot I'd reinstalled the loaded, and hadn't checked the bloody Wii game listing! Working fine after that. Feel like a complete tosser now!

Thanks for you help guys!

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, no one can I say didn't apologise for my ignorance! I forgot I'd reinstalled the loaded, and hadn't checked the bloody Wii game listing! Working fine after that. Feel like a complete tosser now!

Thanks for you help guys!

lol...I hadn't thought of that, but I have made that mistake myself. I kept wondering while only the gamecube and wiiware games were listed. glad u got it fixed though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp +1