Hacking Running Metroid Prime New Play Control Through USB Loader In English?

wingzrow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So is it possible to run this without and problems through the USBloader and in addition, can It be patched to english? If so. How would I go about doing both of these things?

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nope, the WBFS system cuts all unnecessary data out of an ISO, which will include any patches. Just Search GBATemp for prior topics on the same subject, and you should find your answers. I've been playing it myself, so it does work.

Sibe

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
search is your friend, anyway, the three metroid primes coming out on one disc should be sweet, probably buy it myself... hopefully the game has good artwork, and hopefully it comes out in PAL.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Trolly said:
Nope, the WBFS system cuts all unnecessary data out of an ISO, which will include any patches. Just Search GBATemp for prior topics on the same subject, and you should find your answers. I've been playing it myself, so it does work.

Sorry, but you did not understand at all how the mentioned patch works. The english patch, patches the main.dol and another .dol, the rest if not touched. But it can't be payed from the usb loaders, because it's an ios reloading game.

kevenz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
don't bother with the japanese version, metroid prime trilogy is coming in august with all 3 prime games in one disc.

TroyTheZombie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
kevenz said:
don't bother with the japanese version, metroid prime trilogy is coming in august with all 3 prime games in one disc.

Wow, I had no idea that even existed. thanks for the heads up.
grog.gif

QUOTEMetroid Prime Trilogy Nintendo 08/24/09 US

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
WaRMarinE said:
So, Metroid Prime New Play Control actually DOES work?

Because the wiki compatibility list says Not Working.

Lol the wiki isn't that good. I think the list in my sig is more precise.

G2K

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
To clarify:

Yes, the game can be patched to English. You can find the patch w/ instructions if you search for "metroid prime english ppf" on Google.

NO, the game CANNOT be played on a loader. If you try it asks for a disc, you put the disc in and get as far as choosing "start game", which is when it sends you back to the Wii menu.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
eric_4_life said:
I read that you can play it with a disc in the drive

That's a statement about Metroid Prime 3.

QUOTE(G2K @ May 23 2009, 07:38 PM) To clarify:

Yes, the game can be patched to English. You can find the patch w/ instructions if you search for "metroid prime english ppf" on Google.

NO, the game CANNOT be played on a loader. If you try it asks for a disc, you put the disc in and get as far as choosing "start game", which is when it sends you back to the Wii menu.

Of course the game can be played on a loader. SoftChip and Gamma work well for it. It's just that you can't play the game on an usb loader.

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
yeah, wait for august
by the way they did get it to work with wiiscrubber, first they saved using the disc channel then swapped some files around in the iso THEN it works in usbloader. But that's pointless cuz u still have to burn the regular one..

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
manias said:
yeah, wait for august
by the way they did get it to work with wiiscrubber, first they saved using the disc channel then swapped some files around in the iso THEN it works in usbloader. But that's pointless cuz u still have to burn the regular one..

I'm not sure if you could create a savegame with the 1:1 copy started from usb loader. And then use the patched version to actually play. The files switched, are just the main.dol replaced by the .dol really used for the game. The main flaw of this is that you don't have the menu. It autoload the savegame on startup, and you are directly inside the game.(ok, maybe there are people who consider this an improvement as it's a faster way to the actual gameplay)

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
WiiPower said:
manias said:
yeah, wait for august

I'm not sure if you could create a savegame with the 1:1 copy started from usb loader. And then use the patched version to actually play. The files switched, are just the main.dol replaced by the .dol really used for the game. The main flaw of this is that you don't have the menu. It autoload the savegame on startup, and you are directly inside the game.(ok, maybe there are people who consider this an improvement as it's a faster way to the actual gameplay)
And it really makes no sense cuz u already have a burnt copy so might's well play from that
smile.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Do you know what pain the loading times in metroid on softmods are? I don't think so.

And as stated MAYBE it's possible to do everything required without burning.

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the trick with replacing the dols is only a temp fix for people that want to play this game on the Usb Loader So yea it does work but only for the people that really want to get it to work, And the metroid prime trilogy i guarantee it will have the IOS reload bug also.

And the same fix for Mortal Kombat using this trick should be posted cause replacing the dols in MK the game plays perfectly menu and all

but saying a fix rather temp or not is pointless, is just crazy i think

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse