Hacking Running game from SDcard, Can I put it on the wii homescreen instead of going thru HB and cfg loader

n0gamez

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have my wii reading an SD card instead of USB since I cant get it to detect anything in the usb no matter what...

So, im wondering instead of loading the home brew channel, then cfg usb loader, then switching the search to SD. I know I can use a forwarder for the usb loader.

Is there a way to make this automated to go right to the game list screen? Or take the game cover and place it on the wii menu screen? forwarder?

The reasoning I want to make it easy as possible for a 5 year old to just load up and click a game.

I remember doing another wii I had years ago, it placed all my games on page 2 of the wii menu, I didn't even have to do anything.

Thanks for any help! :)

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Note: both of the methods below can harm or brick your Wii if you don't know what you're doing. Also, both methods are not step-by-step tutorials.

If you have Priiloader installed, you could always have it autoboot to "installed file", and simply install a small forwarder dol file onto the Wii, which then loads your CFG loader directly off the SD card, so you don't have to go through the Homebrew Channel or the Wii menu every time (this also keeps it easier to update; instead of having to constantly install a new update for CFG every time one comes out onto the Wii, you simply change its boot.dol on the SD card). I've used a setup like this for several years with no real troubles (though I boot from USB rather than SD, not that that's relevant..). If you don't like the system menu much and hardly ever use it (like I do), I'd suggest this route, but be careful when installing Priiloader. If you mess up, it can totally brick your Wii.

If you don't have Priiloader installed, I guess you could always go the route of asking somebody kindly if they'll change the banner for you to a game cover (if you don't know how), then install a forwarder channel, though watch out for banner bricks. This is a lot less convenient than directly booting into CFG or something else, though.

n0gamez

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have priiloader installed and I have seen where the boot installed file is. I tried choose boot directly to HBC but it didn't work.

Where do I get this loader .dol file that will boot to CFG and read my sd showing the game cover immediately?

The .dol file can boot CFG, but can I make it so it scans for SD instead of USB? I always have to change that manually when I start CFG.

I really appreciate the help!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm back