Hacking running backups from discs?

LysergCooltyp

I don't know why the microwave burns
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
My Wii was soft-modded by a friend, so i didn't have to do any proper background search back then. However he had no interest in the Wii U so i'm kinda 'forced' to figure things out now as you can see when you read my previous topics lol.

I'm one of those super old generation guys that has everything as physical copies, so i'm still sticking to backup discs whenever possible.

I read that Nintendon't doesn't support backup discs, so the question now is: is there a decent disc backup loader for wii games on the Wii U and if so, which would you recommend?

GC games and emulators should easily fit on a SDHC (which covers nintendon't), so i wouldn't invest into a HDD yet, if Wii games still can be run from discs.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They cannot. In a nutshell, the Wii U uses a different disk drive that the Wii that does not accept DVDs. It uses a kind of hack-y way to read Wii disks in the first place, even though Wii games are actually printed on dual layer DVDs themselves (I don't know how they managed to get it working, either :rofl2:) But yeah, basically, if you are using a Wii, there is a plethora of cool DVD based utilities you can use, such as ISO players and DVD players, but on the Wii U, not so much. If you want to watch movies or play backups, you're gonna have to do it with an SD/Flash Drive/HDD

Also Nintendont CAN run from disk, but you need a Wii to do it (for the above reasons)

LysergCooltyp

I don't know why the microwave burns
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
That's a bummer, thanks tho. How well do SDs far compared to HDDs? Is there any noticable difference, like audio desync or frame drops?

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No besides loading times by a little bit. You are much better off using an hdd though because sd cards have a much shorter read/write cycle than hdds for loading Wii games. For watching movies sd card would be fine but personally I would use an hdd

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night